Carnival Triumph 3/29 : Best transportation in St Maarten?

4 of Harts

I am going with my wife and 2 kids, 6 & 8.. to St Maarten and wanted to get from the dock to Captain Oliver's Resort on the East Side of the island, on the border of St Martin and St Maarten... does anyone have any suggestions? Get a cab at the dock? Water taxi? Thanks

aa4bd85df46832ab463e13dfaeae8685.png

If the boat ties up at the dock, you need to walk to the main "port" building and there is a large taxi boarding area, with signs posted for different parts of the island. Captn Olivers is near Dawn Beach so maybe that's the line/section you should go to. Also there may be a person standing around there giving out advice on which cabline to get in.

If your ship tenders you in, when you get off the tender you would need to walk a block or 2 to the taxi area.

Reason I say you may dock or you may tender is that St. Martin is expanding the dock area and I don't know if 4 ships are presently allowed to tie up there.

Archived