Prinsendam - Basketball?

vabeach522

Would appreciate some help from someone who has been on the Prinsendam lately. We are planning on taking the grand tour (SA/Antarctic) on Prinsendam in 2010. We have a 15 year old that we are taking. There will be plenty for him to see and he'll take his x-box (hopefully we can pack enough controller batteries :-) However, still think he needs to "work out" other than in the gym. He likes to be outside and can shoot basketballs for entertainment pretty regularly. With 27 days at sea, was wondering -- is there a basketball hoop on the ship. I see two sport courts. HAL says "yes" on the phone but I found a write up (also by HAL) that says the courts are bocce ball and croquette. Can anyone verify if the Prinsendam does have a baseketball court on board? Thanks!

Would appreciate some help from someone who has been on the Prinsendam lately. We are planning on taking the grand tour (SA/Antarctic) on Prinsendam in 2010. We have a 15 year old that we are taking. There will be plenty for him to see and he'll take his x-box (hopefully we can pack enough controller batteries :-) However, still think he needs to "work out" other than in the gym. He likes to be outside and can shoot basketballs for entertainment pretty regularly. With 27 days at sea, was wondering -- is there a basketball hoop on the ship. I see two sport courts. HAL says "yes" on the phone but I found a write up (also by HAL) that says the courts are bocce ball and croquette. Can anyone verify if the Prinsendam does have a baseketball court on board? Thanks!

I believe there is only bocce, putting green, croquette & ping pong.

We were on the Prinsendam for 26 days in Nov/Dec 08 for the Amazon Explorer cruise - I don't remember seeing a basketball goal and we are from Indiana so we know basketball (well IU is not doing too well this year). Also - the gym is rather small - 4 treadmills, 3 steppers, 4 bikes and limited weight machines and free weights. Aft on the upper sports deck is a putting green and a boce ball area. On sea days (we had 11 as I recall) the event staff had activities that I am sure he would enjoy. The best pool for a 15 year old is the one aft - just outside the gym. As for batteries for the electronic devices - get the rechargable NiMH batteries if they are AA or AAA size. Below is a link to my photos from around the ship:

http://www.pbase.com/iflyrc5/prinsendam_images

Archived