Just off the Pearl

Just off the Pearl with husband and 2 children...(8 and 5). Any questions???

Yes.

First' date=' where did you go? For how long?

What cabin were you in? How was it? How were your stewards? Any incidents you'd like to share? Towel animals perhaps?

Where did you eat? Pay restaurants? Main dining room?

How was the food? Did you just eat as a family? Try the buffet? Was it hard getting a table?

Did you order room service?

Did you go to any of the bars? Which ones? Are some better than others?

What other public areas of the ship could you recommend?

Did you use the Internet? How was the service?

Did you utilize the kids club?

What excursions did you take? Any comments on what to see? Buy?

Lastly, your overall impression of your cruise?

Thank you & I hope you had a great time.

[/b']

Yes.

Off the Pearl three weeks ago...Mid 60's couple

First, where did you go? For how long?

7-day western caribbean - Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, Great Stirrup Cay (but went to Key West instead)

What cabin were you in? How was it? How were your stewards? Any incidents you'd like to share? Towel animals perhaps?Inside cabin, way forward, deck 10

Where did you eat? Pay restaurants? Main dining room? Chose to not eat in specialty restaurants. After one dinner in the main dinning room, opted for the buffet for the rest of the dinners (partly because of others we were with, but the Summer Palace food was bland and not "fresh") Loved the buffet and especially the Great Outdoors venue, which has its own smaller buffet and outdoor dinning.

How was the food? Did you just eat as a family? Try the buffet? Was it hard getting a table? We also ate in the Summer Palace for breakfast twice...no problems with tables. Again, loved the buffet food selections and freshness.

Did you order room service? Only once, for ice and mixers. Worked just as expected. Our cabin was too small to eat in comfortably

Did you go to any of the bars? Which ones? Are some better than others? Probably tried all of the bars. Mostly for pre-dinner cocktails. Each has its own ambience...Bar City had good service and never seemed busy. Poolside bar was not crowded either, except on sail away.

What other public areas of the ship could you recommend? The bridge viewing room, port side, deck 11 all the way forward. Any of the sun decks. The "freestyle" deck is no longer "clothing optional", just a small sun deck very high up. I did not like Bliss, but never went there late at night.

Did you use the Internet? How was the service?Yes, we used the Internet Cafe on board. Very very very slow service. Cost us $55 to check emails twice. Recommend using shoreside internet cafes for routing internet use. Service is better, but still slow, on port days...only a single connection that is shared by Internet Cafe, all wireless users onboard, crew and official NCL business.

Did you utilize the kids club? No

What excursions did you take? Any comments on what to see? Buy?Roatan -- Fins & Flippers...great nearby place..very clean..wonderful snorkelling...had a very rainy day...highly recommended..fresh water pool. Belize...Cave Tubing, but got cancelled because of too much rainfall...went to the Radisson Hotel for Internet use and hit the dockside shops. Cozumel...dockside shops and some walking around town...went to Wet Wendy's for the bestest margaritas around...near the square (google it).

Lastly, your overall impression of your cruise? Had a very good time; my problem was with the people we travelled with not wanting to put on long pants for dinner. Previously, on the Dawn, we really enjoyed the specialty restuarants as well as the main dinning room.

Thank you & I hope you had a great time.

you too..

55 bucks to check email????? Is anything so important that couldnt wait, if this was 10 years ago people got along just fine......Hey its your money, but thats why I go on vacation to get away from life.....

Of course we did not know that the $55 package was only going to go that far...we expected it to last the whole cruise.

My wife and I run a charity pet rescue www.wawpr.org , leaving about 50 dogs and cats behind for others to take care of and to run adoption events while we were gone. Sometimes things come up and decisions need to be made while we are on vacation. We did learn that it was best to wait for a port day and use shore-based internet.

Here is a link to a photo album where I have a Kids Crew 6-9 year old schedule for a 7-day western caribbean cruise on the NCL Pearl in Jan 2009.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bakerintn/NCLPearlFreestyleDailies

it is the last picture in the set. To clearly read it you will need to use the zoom tool on that site which is the "magnifying glass" icon.

The other pictures are scans of the free style dailies for the same cruise -- page 3 has the daily schedule.

My wife and I run a charity pet rescue www.wawpr.org , leaving about 50 dogs and cats behind for others to take care of and to run adoption events while we were gone. Sometimes things come up and decisions need to be made while we are on vacation.

Thank you for that!! If we're ever on a cruise together, I'll cover your internet bill. :)

Originally Posted by bakerintn viewpost.gif

My wife and I run a charity pet rescue www.wawpr.org , leaving about 50 dogs and cats behind for others to take care of and to run adoption events while we were gone. Sometimes things come up and decisions need to be made while we are on vacation.

Thank you for that!! If we're ever on a cruise together, I'll cover your internet bill. :)

And I will chip in! THANKS for helping out our 4 legged friends. You are truly God's servant!

Of course we did not know that the $55 package was only going to go that far...we expected it to last the whole cruise.

My wife and I run a charity pet rescue www.wawpr.org , leaving about 50 dogs and cats behind for others to take care of and to run adoption events while we were gone. Sometimes things come up and decisions need to be made while we are on vacation. We did learn that it was best to wait for a port day and use shore-based internet.

Wow, I cant think of any better reason. Thanks for your work! I was just hoping people dont feel the need to check thier emails so that they can check the forwards they get about some made up story or cute animal pics that clogs the airways.....

Originally Posted by bakerintn viewpost.gif

And I will chip in! THANKS for helping out our 4 legged friends. You are truly God's servant!

Baker, if we're ever on a ship together, please introduce yourself. I also want to chip for the internet service and buy you a drink! THANK YOU for what you do!

Archived