What is the fee for the cruise line to take your luggage to the airport?

crazycruzer68

Luggage Express is the name of the service. We thought it was great. I believe it is now $20 per person. Maximum 2 bags per person. You get info in your cabin a few days before debarkation. Sign up and take the info to Purser's desk by the deadline. You get luggage tags AND your boarding passes for the airline in your cabin. Put the bags out in the hallway by midnight, just like normal. Then you don't see your bags until you arrive at your destination. At the airport you can go straight to security with your boarding pass.

What ship are you going on this time? This isn't offered on every ship. Different airlines participate at different ports. Delta was one of the airlines when we cruised on Valor out of Miami.

Just got back on the Glory. Luggage express worked great--will do it every time. $20 gets your luggage taken off and your boarding pass printed. Tags and pass are delivered to your room. We put our luggage out and never had to deal with it again until we arrived at our destination. Maximum of two bags, and if you need to pay for your luggage it is put right on your sail and sign card.:)

Wow we did it on Celebrity a while back and we had to go down to get the luggage through customs, then we were able to walk away from it. Everything worked great, and maybe it's just a X policy but I thought customs required travelers to be there when their luggage came through?

Carole

Carnival prints your boarding passes for you? Do they do this for people flying southwest? It would be nice to be able to walk off the ship and not worry about your luggage. Has anyone had trouble with your luggage not reaching your destination?

Southwest airlines does NOT participate in Luggage Express.

We did not have to be with our bags going through customs or immigration on the Valor. We didn't see the bags at all on debarkation day, until we got to our final destination.

We did not have to be with our bags going through customs or immigration on the Valor. We didn't see the bags at all on debarkation day, until we got to our final destination.

that is an AWESOME option, good going Carnival for doing this right!!!!

I am SO interested in doing this!!!

Does anyone know it it is offered for either of the following:

* Freedom/Port Everglade to FLL flying Continental

* Liberty/Port of MIA to FLL flying Air Tran

OR how/if I can find out before I sail??? I leave for the Freedom this Friday :D

We are looking at the Legend out of Tampa, anyone know if this is available there?

Yes it is.

LizaMM ~ not sure about Freedom, but Liberty does offer it out of Miami. We flew out of FLL and AirTran WAS one of the airlines on the Valor. Probably would also be available for the Liberty. Your flight had to be after 2 pm if flying out of FLL.

Yes it is.

LizaMM ~ not sure about Freedom, but Liberty does offer it out of Miami. We flew out of FLL and AirTran WAS one of the airlines on the Valor. Probably would also be available for the Liberty. Your flight had to be after 2 pm if flying out of FLL.

Thanks. My flight out of FLL after the Liberty is at 3:30 so this might be a go for April!

Anyone ever have any problems doing this??

Just check your boarding passes carefully as soon as you get them in your cabin. We did have an incorrect boarding pass that we didn't discover until we were off the ship. Fortunately, we had tons of time before our flight and were able to get it straightened out at the airport in plenty of time. My nephew was flying to a different city than the rest of us, and they had him going to our city. We got him to the right place, but his luggage came to our city and we then had to get it to him.

I would use the service again.......I would just be very careful to check everything on the luggage tags and boarding passes as SOON as they come to our cabin. It was our mistake for not checking close enough.

Does anyone know how to find out this info before we sail? If not, once on the ship will info be available or do we have to wait until a certain day into the cruise to find out?

You can go to the Pursers desk as soon as you board, or anytime after, and ask them for the information on Luggage Express. They will give you the paper that lists the airlines, times, cost, procedure, etc.

Otherwise, a flyer will be in your cabin about mid-way through the cruise.

Yes, SW DOES particptate in luggage express. We booked in online through the SW website for our cruise in March, from FLL on the Miracle.

We just did it on Jan 24th getting off the Glory. We never saw our luggage again till we arrived back at our home airport. It was well worth the money to do this. We flew on United. We will do it again. It was $40 for the both of us and money well spent.

I would suggest going to the purser's desk on Thursday and getting all of the paper work filled out. The line was a mile long on Friday of people doing it before the 1 o'clock deadline. We were glad that we had done it the day before and didn't have to waste enjoying our cruise waiting in line. ;)

Yes, SW DOES particptate in luggage express. We booked in online through the SW website for our cruise in March, from FLL on the Miracle.

I believe you are talking about SWA's own luggage express program, correct? I know that SWA has a similar luggage program of their own, but it is only available for flights out of FLL from either the Port of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. Maybe they will expand the service to include other ports.

We are looking at the Legend out of Tampa, anyone know if this is available there?

I just read a legend review, I was emailed the Capers and found note in Jan 09 Capers:

Lugage express- participating airlines Air Tran, American, Delta, Jet Blue & United, fee was listed as $20.

I believe you are talking about SWA's own luggage express program, correct? I know that SWA has a similar luggage program of their own, but it is only available for flights out of FLL from either the Port of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. Maybe they will expand the service to include other ports.

Mom, you are exactly correct. I didn't know that there was a 'common' luggage service, I just assumed that the SW program was one and the same. Just to clarify, you can sign up online, or at FLL when you arrive from your flight before going to your ship. Sure hope this works out, as I don't have a flight until 5:30pm. Planning on spending the day on the beach in Hollywood, sans luggage! Thanks again.

Archived