Springhill Houston Hobby with cruise transfer -- anyone done this?

AMR40509

After my Tremont House reservation got cancled due to the hotel not being ready to open (booked w/ Hotwire in October, they never told me there was a problem until I called the hotel on my own in January...only got a refund, not a place to stay, as resolution...but that's another story) I booked the Springhill Suites, Houston Hobby Airport, which has a free shuttle from the airport and then includes transportation to the cruise port.

Has anyone done this?

I'm trying to compare the merrits of doing this, vs. just going on to Galveston and getting a hotel there.

We won't be able to take advantage of the return trip provided by the hotel as we are trying to catch a fairly early flight and that would be pusing it too close, we are going to get a towncar or cab back to Hobby after the cruise.

At the Springhill, is that an area where there are places to go have dinner and enjoy the evening at all before the cruise, or it is out by itself?

At the Springhill, is that an area where there are places to go have dinner and enjoy the evening at all before the cruise, or it is out by itself?

Not a great area for restaurants. Just off I-45 (Gulf Freeway) in a mostly commercial area - not really the most attractive area of Houston but not awful. There is a Joe's Crab Shack and a Gringo's Mexican a bit south of there and several chain restaurants on I-45 just north of Beltway 8. Since, I'm assuming you won't have a car, getting to a desirable restaurant may be a problem. Perhaps someone else from the area or someone who has used the Springhill deal can recommend something.

We just stayed at the La Quinta that is not that far away. The area is not the best - lots of adult entertainment. There is a Dennys about a block away from Springhill. The hotel drove us to Mexican place that was very good about 4 blocks down the frontage road from Springhill. You might call the hotel and see if they will drive you there.

Archived