NCL Virgin with a few questions

finch12

Thinking of taking the family on NCL out of Charleston, SC on the 25th of April ( the Majesty ). Can anyone help out with a little info for us

What are the drink prices like and do they offer better prices ... say on a bucket of beer.... not that we are huge drinks but would like to know what our budget will be....

We would like to stay overnight near the port prior to the cruise. Anyone have any recommendations for hotels near the port where we may get a " park and cruise deal for the week " Possibly some place that offers free shuttles and parking for a nights stay.

I'd appreciate any help I can get as we are traveling along way to get there and are unfamiliar with the area

Thanks

Hi, There is another board that has ports on it that may help. If I knew how to put a link in I would. I am unfamiliar with S.C. so I can't help, but that board will. We are going to go out of Boston and I will be going there. There is also a board called Roll Calls and you can talk to others going on your same cruise. They may have ideas for you too.

Not a big drinker so I can't help you, but some one will!!!!!

Thinking of taking the family on NCL out of Charleston, SC on the 25th of April ( the Majesty ). Can anyone help out with a little info for us

What are the drink prices like and do they offer better prices ... say on a bucket of beer.... not that we are huge drinks but would like to know what our budget will be....

We would like to stay overnight near the port prior to the cruise. Anyone have any recommendations for hotels near the port where we may get a " park and cruise deal for the week " Possibly some place that offers free shuttles and parking for a nights stay.

I'd appreciate any help I can get as we are traveling along way to get there and are unfamiliar with the area

Thanks

Hiya, Finch ~ Welcome to CC. We've taken this cruise twice and will be on the one you're considering (Join our Roll Call - link at bottom of my post.)

Beer buckets are buy 5 get one free. This includes all bottled beer. You can get good prices on "drink of the day" specials. Also, if you get a drink that is advertised in a souvenir glass, ask for it in a regular glass. That will save you some bucks. Drink prices are inflated, but not outrageous. There are also drink "clinics" (just an excuse to get buzzed for $15 on lots of booze/beer/wine.) Bar setups for you cabin can also be ordered before you cruise. I recommend reading the "Majesty Dailies" at this link provided by a CC'er Radio. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=917325&highlight=radio

Wine is also allowed to be brought onboard for a $15 corkage fee each.

You'll probably get many suggestions for hotels. Most Charleston hotels will allow you to keep your car there for the week, so if one interests you, give them a call and ask. We stay at the Holiday Inn Riverview which is near the port. April is high season in Charleston, so the rates can get pricey. We reserved a room for $191.25 after tax. They provide shuttle service to the ship and allow our car to stay there.

More than you wanted to know, right!!

A.

hey.... nicely put that about sums it up for me. I am hoping to book today if my kids decide if they wish to go or not. Looking forward to the trip even if it is just the wife and I going.

Thanks for the info !

YQW! If you do go, and if would like to join our roll call, it'd be great way to meet other cruise lover's who may end up being life long friends. Either way, have a wonderful time.

Archived