Carnival Conquest

emaksb

Has anyone been on the Conquest going to the new ports? I've sailed her with my family and friends about two years ago and we are looking into sailing her again but to the new ports can anyone tell me anything about the ports?

luv2trvlnow: How cool is that to find someone on here that lives that close to you. We live in the Prattville area for about a year now and love it. We are looking to do the Bahamas area out of Galveston we’ve already done the western Caribbean on the conquest out of Galveston. And looking for something different but also staying closed to home.

We are sailing the new itinerary on Sunday!!! We will let you know how it is:D

PLease give us some details about the new ports. Stuff like activity when you arrive in port, is it busy or empty? Shops and such open when you arrive or do you need to wait before shopping? especially if you do any excursions please give us a report. Distance or cab ride amounts to places in port. Sorry to ask so much, but look in my signature and you'll see it's info for the podcast. BTW we are doing reports on excursions available in all the ports the conquest visits.

Just back from the Feb 1st to Fwb 8th, Cruise.

Quite cloudy for the first few days but we enjoyed the refurbished ship. Food was great and everything was in great reapair.

Just wanted to let you know that the best swimming and snorkeling was completely free in Grand Cayman.

We tendered to the dock and took a $ 25.00 tour around the island with Mr. Roger who was a fourth generation Grand Caymanian and he was very interersting with his local knowledge.

He dropped two of the eight of us in his little bus downtown and left the rest of us at the dock. My wife and sister went back on the ship on the tender but I noticed a great little beach just to East past the fence which had signs on it saying dangeroud currents no swimming.

I saw a family snorkeling there and asked the guard who said that the beach was public but it was at my own risk ( which beach is not ? ) and but had to walk back to the street around the compound to walk over to the beach ( 200 Feet ! )

I did it and had a wonderful 1 /2 hgours swimming in the water. The snorlers said that ithey saw hundreds of fish right there and that there was no current at all. Just stayed away form the tender boats.

It was all wonderful and free !!!! Saw hundreds of people coming back on ship walking along just wishing they were with us in the water.

So if you tender in to Grand Cayman, check out this area.

The taxi driver told the people swimming with me that it was one of the best spots to dive and see fish.

Great day for me agt least.

emaksb: My son who is going on the cruise with us also lives in the Prattville area. My husband and I live on the north side of the river. Hope you enjoy your cruise to the Bahamas and Key West.

When we were in Nassau we did a walking tour that we found here in CC.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=332656

It was OK and free. We saw a couple judges in their robes and wigs at the courthouse. The Queen's Staircase and Fort Fincastle were interesting. We then checked out some of the shops and our final stop was the Straw Market.

Has anyone been on the Conquest going to the new ports? I've sailed her with my family and friends about two years ago and we are looking into sailing her again but to the new ports can anyone tell me anything about the ports?

Try the Ports of Call board for the Bahamas: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

James

emaksb: Small world!!! I live in Sand Spings too. We are going on the Conquest in April but are doing the Western Ports. I have been to Nassau before and I really didn't think much of it. For me the Western itinerary was the best.

Very small world. We live in Broken Arrow. My wife is from Sand Springs.

Hi, emaksb! It's interesting to find others from Oklahoma who like to drive to Galveston to board ship! We live in Edmond, so not all that close to you but we do travel your direction from time to time. We will sail in June on the Conquest. I can hardly wait!

Hi, Ims2004! I see that you are going on the conquest it that sailing the new ports out of Galveston? We are looking to do the new ports out of Galveston. So I'm waiting anxiously for someone to post something. I know that it just sailed out for the first time this past week to those ports now I just sit and wait..

Hi, emaksb! It's interesting to find others from Oklahoma who like to drive to Galveston to board ship! We live in Edmond, so not all that close to you but we do travel your direction from time to time. We will sail in June on the Conquest. I can hardly wait!

I just got off the conquest today. The new itinery was great with the exception of Freeport. I did not find anything really to do in Freeport. You dock about 10 miles from downtown. Key West and Nassau was great. We did the walking tour that was mentioned above which was great.

THis is must due itinerary.

We just disembarked this morning from the Conquest inaugural cruise to the Bahamas. It was a great cruise. It was cold going and coming back on sea days and it poured down rain yesterday however in the ports it warmed up each afternoon.

We loved the Sea Side Theater. They have CNN in the morning and movies in the afternoon and evening. Some days, they show music videos.

The food was great. We had early dining in the Renoir Dining Room. Our room was on the Riviera Deck forward - great room with no complaints.

Second elegant night was changed to Friday night because it was a sea day. Those who had booked The Point for Friday night, thinking that Elegant Night was Thursday night, were very disappointed.

We loved Key West. Walked to the Truman White House which is very close to the port, and then on to the Hemingway House. We then walked back up Duval Street and, of course, had to have a slice of Key Lime Pie!!

We dock in an industrial port in Freeport. There are shops at the pier so we just got off the ship and shopped at the pier and got back on the ship. Most of the excursions at Freeport are beach or water related and we are not beach people.

We took a water taxi to The Atlantis and walked around and took pictures. It is a beautiful hotel. We also shopped at the Straw Market and other shops at the pier.

I plan to do a review of the cruise but just got home and have not even unpacked. We loved the ports except Freeport but if you like beaches, then you would probably like it. I had been to Nassau before so knew what to expect. We liked Nassau.

Joan

I too live in Oklahoma, tinker air force base area, and also would like to hear about the new ports. Loved the western caribbean also.

Nice to meet you!!

Wow! I grew up in that area. Del City and later MWC. Small world, huh?

Archived