Come back in 60 days and book a new cruise vacation

number4

I just have my wonderful cruise vacation on Carnival Liberty Jan 3-10,2009.Now I want to book a new vacation for Carnival Dream in next Jan. I saw someone's thread say that if the person come back from cruise in 60 days and book a new cruise and get $50 off. My PVP confirm it also.

But I bought a Future Carnival Vacation Certificate (Bought it in Liberty for $100 toward next cruise in next 60 months and get $100 onboard credit for 7 nights cruise) Could I use both together? I did ask my PVP But he cannot confirm this but he will give me the answer this week. I just want to know anybody has the same situation and how does Carnival do it?

I just have my wonderful cruise vacation on Carnival Liberty Jan 3-10,2009.Now I want to book a new vacation for Carnival Dream in next Jan. I saw someone's thread say that if the person come back from cruise in 60 days and book a new cruise and get $50 off. My PVP confirm it also.

But I bought a Future Carnival Vacation Certificate (Bought it in Liberty for $100 toward next cruise in next 60 months and get $100 onboard credit for 7 nights cruise) Could I use both together? I did ask my PVP But he cannot confirm this but he will give me the answer this week. I just want to know anybody has the same situation and how does Carnival do it?

I would call another CCL rep and ask them the same question while you are awaiting word from your PVP.... they should not be stalling you off with an answer later this week... I am sure they would just go to their supervisor right then and get the answer immediately. I don't know the answer, but if you get another CCL rep that does, have them make the reservation for you right then, and you can always tell your PVP you have gotten things taken care of !

Hi,

I was told that I could not use my $100 coupon with the welcome back $50 amount that is applied to new bookings made within 60 days of your last cruise.

When I bought my 3 coupons they said I can use them at any time with any other discount. This is not true.:(

Hi,

I was told that I could not use my $100 coupon with the welcome back $50 amount that is applied to new bookings made within 60 days of your last cruise.

When I bought my 3 coupons they said I can use them at any time with any other discount. This is not true.:(

Very true. Also can't use the savings coupon you buy on the ship for a future cruise with MILITARY pricing.

Below is the "fine print" from the Welcome Back e-mail:

"*Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person and based on category 4A. Government taxes/fees are additional for all guests. Offer is non-transferable and has no cash value.

Receive $50 off per stateroom on a future sailing. Sailing must be booked within 60 days of cruise depart date. Savings is based on double occupancy. Single occupancy

guests receive 1/2 the savings amount. Not combinable on restricted rate codes. Valid on category 4A and higher. Not applicable on 2 day sailings. Full deposit required

at time of booking. Restrictions apply. A copy of the original email must be mailed to: Carnival Cruise Lines, 3655 NW 87 Avenue, Miami Fl. 33178-2428. Attn: Res Admin.

Research Desk, Mail Stop: MSRZ-250S."

ken

I have tried to get the 50$ welcome back discount applied to my booking on Carnival Dream Oct. 09 which I booked Oct.03,08 after sailing on Splendour Sept. 11 till 23,08. My TA called and they told her the cruise itself has to be within 60 days. So I called Carnival and no, it does not have to be within 60 days. I called TA again. this time they said OK they can apply, but could I sent them a copy of the offer that I received???

I did not receive anything in writing as I just read about it on Cruisecritic...

What do you suggest I do?

This offer was (apparently) originally via e-mail to returning cruisers who had booked via TA. there was the usual outcry of unfairness that Carnival pretty well started giving it to anyone who called, asked for it, and was doing their booking within 60 days of the prior cruise's departure. Either call back until you get a cooperative PVP, or ask your TA to call back a few times with this story. I can post the e-mailing I have but it has the TA's name on it and directions as to where to MAIL the claim. ken

When we returned from our cruise last October, we decided to book a 4 day for my birthday in February. I didn't even know about the $50 discount, but my PVP told me about it and applied it to the price of the new cruise. I was very happy!

Archived