BB or Better on Crown

jetfan0330

Hi. I am about to take my first cruise in a Balcony cabin. My wife and I were told we have a BB or better with no assignment yet for a 3/14 sailing on the Crown. Do you know what I should expect? What makes BB different?

Thanks!

It's all about location, since all balcony cabins (interiorly) are the same. A BB guarantee can get you a BA or better yet, an upgrade to a mini. Wherever you end up, the Crown is a great ship and you'll have a wonderful cruise.

Go to the Princess site and look at the ship diagrams for the Crown. BB balconies are located on several different floors so you will need to look at the stateroom maps.

The best BBs are on the Caribe deck but they are also some of the most popular rooms. I just looked at the Princess site for the March 15th sailing of the Crown and there is still several BBs available and some are on the Caribe deck. Did you book a guarantee? Was it cheaper to do this? If it was not cheaper, I would pick the room you want since there are still cabins left on the Caribe deck and those balconies are much bigger than any other side facing balcony on the ship.

Good luck!

A BB class balcony cabin will have a balcony sized 9 ft wide x 5 ft deep if located on Riviera deck or Aloha deck. A BB balcony cabin located aft or forward on Caribe will have a balcony sized 9 ft wide x 9 ft deep.

The OP probably booked a guarantee and is not able to choose his/her own cabin at this time.

Go to the Princess site and look at the ship diagrams for the Crown. BB balconies are located on several different floors so you will need to look at the stateroom maps.

The best BBs are on the Caribe deck but they are also some of the most popular rooms. I just looked at the Princess site for the March 15th sailing of the Crown and there is still several BBs available and some are on the Caribe deck. Did you book a guarantee? Was it cheaper to do this? If it was not cheaper, I would pick the room you want since there are still cabins left on the Caribe deck and those balconies are much bigger than any other side facing balcony on the ship.

Good luck!

I would 2nd this advice. I would try to lock in a BB on Caribe Deck. The balconies are HUGE!. They are half covered and half uncovered which works out perfectly for us as my wife worships the sun and I abhor it.

Bon Voyage!

Thanks everyone for all of the advice. I booked through Costco and just called them and they were able to get me B750 off of the back of the ship. Has anyone been in one of these cabins. Figured it must be good if all of the suites were onthe back of the ship.

Many Thanks again to all!!!!!

Thanks everyone for all of the advice. I booked through Costco and just called them and they were able to get me B750 off of the back of the ship. Has anyone been in one of these cabins. Figured it must be good if all of the suites were onthe back of the ship.

On our first time on the Grand we had one of the aft balcony cabins. We really enjoyed it, but it is a little nosier as you have the sound of the wake from the back of the ship. However, you do get a larger covered balcony. You will probably really enjoy this cabin.

B750 is one of the rooms with a beam in the middle of the balcony. Here is a link with pictures that shows what the balcony looks like:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=369017

At least you can see the pictures ahead of time so you know what to expect. It is a shame that beam is there as it does ruin a very nice balcony.

Another thing to consider is that there is a lot of movement in the far aft area of any ship. Some people like it and others think the movement is too much.

If you are not happy with the room after looking at the pictures, I would make the switch to another room as soon as possible so you have the best selection possible. If you do decide to switch to another aft balcony, first, do a search on the Princess thread with the cabin number (like B750) There are tons of threads about the "beam" balconies.

Archived