Carnival transfer (bus) question

jimbug

If we use Carnival's bus transfers from airport to port in Tampa, is it correct that once you load your tagged luggage on the bus, you don't have to see it again until it is delivered to your room?

In 6 cruises, this would be the first time we have ever used Carnival transportation, and thought if this was the case, it would be worth the extra $6/pp over a taxi.

Our experience has been that once you get to the port, they unload your luggage and while you are still standing there, the porters come over and grab it up. They still expect a tip at that point. It's worth that tip to me to make sure I see our bags at least headed toward the ship. Other people may have other experiences, but that's how ours has always worked. Enjoy your cruise!

Not to change the subject, but what about getting off the ship? If you do a transfer with Carnival, after putting your bags out the night before, will it be on the bus the next morning, or do you have to go get it?

Does anyone know how much they charge for the transfers when you get off the ship? We will be in the FLL port (I believe they call it Port Everglades port???) to FLL airport.

The tip is usually $1 or $2 per bag.

For me, $6 pp extra for a taxi would be well worth it. With Carnival transfers, you have to sit on the bus and wait for it to fill up.....sometimes that isn't very long, but sometimes it can be a long wait.

With transfers from port back to the airport..same thing. You have to sit on the bus while they load everyones luggage and the bus fills up. Once at the airport, they have to stop at each terminal and unload people/luggage. If you happen to be flying out of the first terminal.....no big deal. If flying out of the last........ick!

Archived