Jolly Roger Catamaran & Gumbalimba Park

lvcruises

How about this excursion, has anyone taken it recently? Did you enjoy it, was the snorkeling good? How about the food? The search didn't bring up much information that was recent, like the last 6 months or so. I figure the Catamaran will allow for better snorkeling for my DH vs Tabyana Beach. Any thoughts or opinions?

You might have better luck if you post on the Roatan board,.,.however, I took this excursion in January 08 on a Costa Cruise

We travelled by bus over a steep windy road to Gumbalina Park on the west side of the island. The Park is nicely landscaped, and there is a small animal refuge there with parrots and monkeys. Good photo ops. We were taken on a guided tour and allowed to take pictures with he parrots and monkeys.

The catamaran is docked at the park. It goes out about a half mile into the harbor and stops over a reef .The snorkelling was good, and we were in the water for about an hour

Then the boat returned to shore back to the bus. Our tour did not have food.

I enjoyed it.

it does look good...I didnt remember seeing it when I was looking at excursions. I planned on using Victor Bodden because he was so highly recommended.

Try looking again, its $82 for 5.5 hours. 9 - 2:30. When they are that long I worry about booking outside the cruiseline, especially in countries like this. What is Victor Bodden charging?

Archived