Belize Airboat Adventure

Hapinowagain2

We'll be doing it on the 11/27 Grand Princess cruise. (Belize on Non 29th).

I think this must be a new excursion since there are not any comments about it. I'm not expecting too much since it is short but will post on our return if you are interested then.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the airboat adventure on our Nov 13 Grand cruise. They puyt us in a white school bus for the 45 minute ride out. It gave us a good opportunity to see some local color. The guide was great! The ride itself was also very good, but we didn't see any manatees. We stopped where they normally were but no luck. Very helpful staff and good facilities. The airboat gets up to 32 knots so it is a wild ride especially when you go around corners. We would recommend it. Note: The Grand got in late to Belize on our cruise. As a result everyone started their tours late. The sun also sets early (just after 5). The tour after ours did part of the ride in the dark. Book the first excursion.

You sure are early as you posted at 6:25 am. We just arrived home about an hour ago. and the trip was great.

We decided to stay in San Antonio last night and come home today. It made the trip much easier.

As far as the Airboat adventure goes. GO FOR IT. :) jajohnson 's comments are right except on the way out we rode in a nice coach type bus and on the way back we rode the white school bus. The trip of about 45 minutes took us through the North side of town (high income) and the South side (lower income) which gave us a brief look at the village. The young lady on the way to the air boat was very nice and explained a few things on the way out.

As we arrived the young men have a very nice routine to show that they appreciate the tourist in their town. You have time for a rest room break and a complimentary drink and then load into the airboat. I think there were only about 15 people in the boat and two boats so it wasn't crowded. we also missed the manatees but did see several different water fowl and we were given a laminated chart of the different species and the "guide" pointed them out.

I thought it was great going through the swamps at the higher speeds and enjoyed it very much. I did noticed on board the ship that the early tours were sold out and I'd recommend doing the early tour if possible.

If you have any questions please ask. BTW, I think you ask somewhere if it would be good for the kids. I'd love it if I was young again...I did and I'm older.

I just looked at the last post and this is different than the thriller boat ride and shorter.

Flyer

we wanted to see the manatees as well however, many times we have expected to see wildlife we found they have a mind of their own and don't show up for tourist every time. :) The adventure itself is fun and the swamp environment is an interesting atmosphere.

I believe the guide said there are four adults and four little ones and they must surface regularly for air. Soooo, there may be a chance.

Enjoy,

Flyer

• 11 years later...