E-mailed Major Tom - helpful info. if you need it!

jan6182

I plan to book cave tubing with Major Tom this week for our April cruise. I would love to add ziplining, but my husband is a little nervous about it - no big deal!

I thought I read somewhere that only 20 minutes was spent in the caves, so I assumed only 20 minutes in the water! Not so good for $45! So I e-mailed Major Tom and heard back in just hours. Got clarification...

FYI if you're interested:

Hello Jen,

We spend about 35 minutes on the nature trail, and 2 hours floating in the caves and downriver in the open. One hour there, one hour back, on the paved highway.

I think it's definitely worth it now. Even if it's only about 20 minutes in the caves, just floating along is fun and relaxing!

I was also curious about timing - for example, what if we missed the first tender - would they leave without us?!? Guess not!

We wait for you on shore as you arrive by tender from the ship.

No special timing, as ships disembark at different times. All touring guests leave the ship on the first set of tenders.

So basically, just try to make the first tender!

Hope this helps someone! I am really excited about Major Tom and all of the great reviews. :)

We did the cave tubing with Major Tom in Jan. and if spent 40 minutes in the caves and water, it was a lot. Other people mention going through two caves and we only went through one. He did mention he wasn't going through one cave because of high water and to many people. Maybe if he goes through two caves, you spend more time in the water.

Archived