? re: photo gallery...

MamaParrotHead

Is it possible to keep all your pics together til the end of the cruise, then pick which ones you like best? or do the gallery attendants rearrange them (for any reason)? I always end up buying a ton of them, and wonder if I'd save a few bucks waiting to the end and THEN picking out which ones I REALLY want. :)

Thanks.

They are re-arranged daily. They take them down each night to prevent them from sproutting legs and walking away. They are put up again the next day, probably not in the exact same spot. After a few days the first day's pics are no longer up on display. Not sure if they've been tossed in the trash or recycling bin or kept until the end of the cruise.

I would imagine you can collect yours, give them to the clerk and ask them nicely to set them aside and you'll decide at the end of your cruise which ones you want to buy.

Is it possible to keep all your pics together til the end of the cruise, then pick which ones you like best? or do the gallery attendants rearrange them (for any reason)? I always end up buying a ton of them, and wonder if I'd save a few bucks waiting to the end and THEN picking out which ones I REALLY want. :)

Thanks.

They have signs up that read "no stacking" usually you can get away with stacking 2-4 pics, after that it becomes pretty noticeable and they will put the pics back in the proper location.

I've noticed that about halfway through the cruise, the older pictures end up in bins that may or may not have any semblance of order to them so you get to search through hundreds of pictures looking for yours!

They are re-arranged daily. They take them down each night to prevent them from sproutting legs and walking away. They are put up again the next day, probably not in the exact same spot. After a few days the first day's pics are no longer up on display. Not sure if they've been tossed in the trash or recycling bin or kept until the end of the cruise.

I would imagine you can collect yours, give them to the clerk and ask them nicely to set them aside and you'll decide at the end of your cruise which ones you want to buy.

Has anyone ever tried this? On the Pride, my buddy waited until the end of the cruise and get a great deal on ALL the pics (and I mean all, he took every pic offered!), but these days I think the older ones disappear by the end of the cruise.

The older pictures don't actually disappear but end up in bins that someone previously mentioned. You have to go through the bins picture by picture to find yours. I tried to go back and find our boarding picture on a recent cruise and finally gave up. Never could find it - just too many pictures to go through. I suggest purchasing them as you see them if you know you will want it or as also mentioned above, asking the photo employees to hold them for you. I don't know if they will do that or not. And, yes, there are signs all over asking not to "group" photos.

Can I give you all a huge hint whenever searching for your photos?

They try to group them by what the dominant clothing color is in your group...

Ladies with blue dresses are in the same section...

Reds in another...

Blacks in another...

Etc., etc.

Whenever you look for your pics, start with this in mind and you'll find them much much faster...

PS That is the reason that they rearrange them - or at least the logic to the rearrangements.

The formal night pics are like $23-$24 (I don't remember, exactly, I'm sure someone will pop in who knows). The smaller 5x7 pictures...of getting of at the ports, dinner photos, etc. are $9.95 (last I sailed) (or was it $12.95?). LOL. There's some ballpark figures for you until someone else comes along, LOL. It's been ENTIRELY too long since I was on a ship.

I wish they would do it like Royal Caribbean - they have folders arranged by deck & cabin # and they put all of your pictures in that folder. The ones you definitely don't like you can throw away. The "maybes" can stay in the folder until the end of the cruise and then you can go through them and buy your favorites. Your folder is always in the same location. That was one of the only things that I liked better about Royal Caribbean.

That would be incredibly handy. Although I may be a bit creeped out by anyone knowing by looking at me which cabin I (or even worse, my KIDS) was staying in. :o Maybe something like a random "coat check" like claim ticket per folder would be great. Or even leaving them on digital camera and allowing you to view them on your TV in your cabin (like the portfolio charges) and then order them there. Interesting...

I wish they would do it like Royal Caribbean - they have folders arranged by deck & cabin # and they put all of your pictures in that folder. The ones you definitely don't like you can throw away. The "maybes" can stay in the folder until the end of the cruise and then you can go through them and buy your favorites. Your folder is always in the same location. That was one of the only things that I liked better about Royal Caribbean.

On HAL, the Westerdam photogs used (and reused) manilla envelopes. The Volendam had a notebook of page protectors for this purpose.

The Carnival photogs said that this would be too hard to do.

What would be really nice was if they went electronic and you could view your pictures and they print them if you want them. That way you could find pics just by swiping your sign and sail card...They do something like this at some of the more popular amusement parks and it helps alot.

Slightly off topic, but if you do buy one of the 8x10 formal pictures ($22 last summer), you can then purchase a digital copy on a cd for $10 extra. That's just for one photo, and you have to buy the print first. But we bought a gorgeous formal night shot of the family, and then the digital copy. Once home, I took the cd to the photo finishing place, and had 50 4 x 6" prints made for our Christmas cards. The copies cost me less than $10. It's perfectly legal, because buying the digital copy gives you the copyright permission. And I had 50 wonderful comments from the folks who got the cards!

The prices quoted above are higher than what I paid last week on the Fantasy. Also, the first pic they took of us, embarkation, was still there the entire week.

The formal night and boarding photo were $19.95 each; the 5x7s were $8.95.

The last evening, after the dinner show, I bought the boarding photo and three 5x7s of port shots = $45.80.

My PVP had sent me $45 worth of photo coupons, so all I had to charge to my S&S acct. was 80 cents. Sweet.:)

On the Elation, the pics were secured at night by closing and locking the shallow cupboard doors. So, each pic stayed in the same location, until is was discarded. They took so many pictures that they "threw away" some pics after a day or so to make room for more.

Archived