Portofino Wine Dinner

gdpups

I saw an old review of the wine dinner and am possibly interested in it for my Serenade cruise. Has anyone attended one recently? If so what was it like and do they seat you with others? I think it would be fun at a larger table with others.

I attended on Explorer on 1/11/09 and it was wonderful. We sat at a table for 8 and there was another table for 8 next to us. That was all that attended that evening. The food was delicious and I only skipped the first course as I don't care for tuna carpaccio. I tried wines I wouldn't normally drink and enjoyed all but one. There is flowing wine through each course so it is definitely worth the price. Go and enjoy!

Are the portions large?

They are offering this on my birthday and I would like to go, but if the portions are large, it would be wasted on me.

I hate it when my server asks me if I did not enjoy my meal. I usually do, It's just I can't eat that much in one seating.

You sound a lot like me. I'm celebrating a birthday in Oct. on the Liberty of the Seas. My sister and I are planning to have dinner one night at Portofinos. My parents just went to the equivalent on Princess. They said it's a lot of food, make sure you're hungry! I also eat a little at a time, several times a day, but I'm going anyway for the experience, and for my birthday. Afterall, my sister's treating!

Archived