Odd Time Question

newbie-cruizer

Time on the islands & on the ship are local time NOT Australian time. Depending on when & where you're going you will change your watches/clocks on board as necessary. If you are travelling from Sydney during daylight savings and only going to New Caledonia & Vanuatu you will not need to change your clocks at all. If you do need to change your clocks there will be a little note on your desk when you get to your cabin that night.

You are enjoying some of the best part of your holiday, the week before is so exciting!!

My Aunt is going on this cruise and we are going down to Wharf 8 to see her off. She is going with a group of RAAF ADG Vietnam vets and unfortunately her husband is in a nursing home and can't go. I hope you have a great time.

I actually didn't look in your sig to see which cruise you were on but I've just had a look and no, you wll not change your clocks at all so you won't have any confusion.

On our cruise we will have to change our clocks a few times

*forward 1 hour to Suva, then

*back 23 hours to Apia, then

*foward 24 hours to Niuafo'ou (ok, won't have to actually change the clocks that day, just remember it's a differnt day), then

*back 1 hour to Dravuni Island, then

*back 1 hour to Vila, then

*back 1 hour to Sydney because daylight savings finishes while we're on the cruise:eek:

I remember on our PD cruise in Nov '07 there was major confusion one day because the captain told us all to put the clocks back on the wrong day. By the time the mistake was realised a lot of people were in bed and didn't know. The next morning as we were leaving the dining room for brekky, they were closing and heaps of people showing up thinking they still had an hour. It was quite amusing.

Here's a link to times around the world. It can be quite handy.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?continent=australasia

Archived