Recommendations for companies for private car transfer from Disneyland to San Pedro

LadyLuck

Hi Everyone,

We are leaving at the beginning of Mar for our NCL Mexico cruise. Prior to the cruise, we will be in the Disneyland area. I've been trying to figure out what is the best way to get to San Pedro terminal with a toddler requiring car seat. We will not have our car seat with us, and I believe Super Shuttle requires car seat for their service. Super Shuttle will not be providing car seat. So, my question is has anyone had a good experience with a limo/town car transfer service in the Orange County, LA? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

How are you getting from the airport to Disneyland and from the ship to the airport (or wherever) post cruise without a car seat? CA law requires it so you or the shuttle company must provide one. You might check Prime Time or Karmel shuttle to see if they have car seats.

As you probably know, if your toddler is 24 months or older you must buy a seat on the plane...they cannot be a "lappie". If you have an aircraft-approved car seat, US airlines are required to allow you to secure your toddler in the car seat which in turn is belted into the airline seat. It doesn't count against your baggage or carry-on allowance.

Last comment, if your cruise is to Mexico you will be glad your child is in a car seat on shore excursions (provided the vehicle even has seat belts). Trust me on that one!

Hello,

My daughter is 22-month, so she can still be a lap baby. As for going to Disneyland from LAX, we are taking the Disney Express Bus, which is bus service by Grayline USA. As for the limo/private car transfer, I did find a few estimates just from calling around and e-mailing. The cheapest is $85 total inclusive with gratuities. As for Mexico excursions, we are only doing 1 and that is the ship excursion at Cabos for the Land's End Boat Tour.

Lady Luck- It sounds like you may be unfamiliar with California laws. Your daughter will have to be in a car seat in a vehicle other than a large bus. If you are in a shuttle van, car, or limo a car seat must be provided and in use so be sure the service will provide one.

Last comment from a LA native and a pilot...I would seriously think about the risk of riding unrestrained in an airliner or in LA traffic (even on the large Gray Line bus). I'm sure you would never dream of picking up your daughter and throwing her into a wall or furniture. That's a horrible image but clear air turbulence in the plane or an accident on the freeway could have the same effect. At least Mexican roads and traffic aren't involved in your trip!

Archived