Aft Junior Suite

cruiseray1

Hi

Just rebooked AOS. Changed to deck 7 aft junior suite. Has anybody sailed AOS aft? Its right in the center. We also have 2 connecting interiors right across the hall. Just wondering if anybody out there has had a junior suite aft and what you think? I never thought of being aft but now Im thinking maybe it will be cool and that I made a good decision. Thought? Thanks

We recently sailed on AOS with an aft corner E1 on Deck 7. The people in the Jr. Suite had the middle cabin and the one right next to us. Their cabins were good sized, and their balconies bigger than the rest of the JS but their balcony was smaller than ours. We love aft thanks to our experience on AOS. There is some superstructure but to me it was easy to look right through it. The only time it bothered me was trying to get a picture across the aft to the land on the port side (we were starboard side).

I just got back from my first AFT on Indy and I have to say, it will be VERY hard to go back to anything else. I loved it. I wouldn't have traded it for the world.

I am assuming that AOS and Indy may have slightly different AFT balconies...but you are welcome to take a look at my pics in my review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=924211

I loved Aft life. Won't go back to midship if I can help it.

I just got back from my first AFT on Indy and I have to say, it will be VERY hard to go back to anything else. I loved it. I wouldn't have traded it for the world.

I am assuming that AOS and Indy may have slightly different AFT balconies...but you are welcome to take a look at my pics in my review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=924211

I loved Aft life. Won't go back to midship if I can help it.

thanks I sent you a message on your thread!

Thats great to hear from an experienced cruiser like you! Im very excited!

Hi

Just rebooked AOS. Changed to deck 7 aft junior suite. Has anybody sailed AOS aft? Its right in the center. We also have 2 connecting interiors right across the hall. Just wondering if anybody out there has had a junior suite aft and what you think? I never thought of being aft but now Im thinking maybe it will be cool and that I made a good decision. Thought? Thanks

I had Deck 6 Aft JS on Voyager OTS (6394) and absolutely loved it. I'd never had a JS before, so I can't comment on room size, but the balcony was wonderful. Enough room to be comfortable. There is structure aft of the balcony, and there is a "deck" that prevents a view directly down into the water, but it certainly didn't inhibit my enjoyment of the balcony...

I had Deck 6 Aft JS on Voyager OTS (6394) and absolutely loved it. I'd never had a JS before, so I can't comment on room size, but the balcony was wonderful. Enough room to be comfortable. There is structure aft of the balcony, and there is a "deck" that prevents a view directly down into the water, but it certainly didn't inhibit my enjoyment of the balcony...

I went from a Grand Suite to the Aft JS and I can tell you, I didn't miss the GS at all. :eek:

The Grand Suite had alot of unusable space (is that a word...lol). The GS had a big island...the closet wasn't as big as the walk in closet in the JS. And the room was very comfortable in the JS.

For the money, I am a new AFT JS lover. But don't tell too many people...we don't want them to be hard to snag. :p

I went from a Grand Suite to the Aft JS and I can tell you, I didn't miss the GS at all. :eek:

The Grand Suite had alot of unusable space (is that a word...lol). The GS had a big island...the closet wasn't as big as the walk in closet in the JS. And the room was very comfortable in the JS.

For the money, I am a new AFT JS lover. But don't tell too many people...we don't want them to be hard to snag. :p

Mumms the word! Ssssshhhh.

This may sound stupid but how do you know if you are in an aft cabin? Does it say somewhere? Or a hump cabin for that matter? All our reservation on AOS says is JS-9570. Thanks!:)

Go to the rccl website and find a layout of the cabins. The aft cabins that most people refer to are the ones that go across the very back end (aft) of the ship.

This may sound stupid but how do you know if you are in an aft cabin? Does it say somewhere? Or a hump cabin for that matter? All our reservation on AOS says is JS-9570. Thanks!:)

Nope, you are basically mid ship on Deck 9, I just looked. Like 2VACruzers said, you just look at the Deck plans on www.rccl.com

The AFT cabins that we discuss don't just mean toward the back of the ship. They are the actually AT the back of the ship. The balconies are alot deeper than a normal balcony cabin.

The "humps" are the balconies that are located where the ship "bows out" on the deck plans.

DW and I have only sailed Aft cabins. Also the higher up you go, the less the silly superstructure blocks your view. We've always had Deck 10 Afts...most recently 1694 on Explorer. I'll try to get to my pictures later and post if you would like.

Warren

PS Welcome to the world of the Aft Snobs :D

DW and I have only sailed Aft cabins. Also the higher up you go, the less the silly superstructure blocks your view. We've always had Deck 10 Afts...most recently 1694 on Explorer. I'll try to get to my pictures later and post if you would like.

Warren

PS Welcome to the world of the Aft Snobs :D

Please do post pics Warren. We're in 1694 on Explorer for the 2nd half of our November cruise. Would be great to see it ahead of time.

Please do post pics Warren. We're in 1694 on Explorer for the 2nd half of our November cruise. Would be great to see it ahead of time.

Aprille posted some great pics of Voyager 1694 which is pretty much the same. I'll post the link to the webshots album for our Explorer cruise. The cabin/balcony pics are on the first page

http://travel.webshots.com/album/570128778wxKOod?vhost=travel

Warren

1394 and 1694 are awesome. One minor thing to be aware of, though: the 'roof' above your balcony area is way up there, maybe 16 feet at the highest point - imagine a room with vaulted ceilings, if you will. This makes the space feel a lot airier, but sound carries as if you're in an auditorium. Put it this way, I could clearly hear my neighbor turning the pages of his or her book one afternoon when we were at sea. The space is definitely not conducive to spontaneous playtime without some forethought, if you're wondering.

1394 and 1694 are awesome. One minor thing to be aware of, though: the 'roof' above your balcony area is way up there, maybe 16 feet at the highest point - imagine a room with vaulted ceilings, if you will. This makes the space feel a lot airier, but sound carries as if you're in an auditorium. Put it this way, I could clearly hear my neighbor turning the pages of his or her book one afternoon when we were at sea. The space is definitely not conducive to spontaneous playtime without some forethought, if you're wondering.

True that the sound does travel due to the "vault". Luckily the neighbors were earlier to bed than we were ;)

Warren

Haha...Thanks for the advice...we have 1394 on our Mariner cruise in April! :D

Archived