You can purchase a bottle for embarkment

JamieG

I just found out through my agent that you can purchase a bottle of booze from the embarkment team at 800-522-7648. You have to order it before your cruise and they will have it in your room waiting for you! It's expensive though! Capt. Morgan 1 liter is $40, but you can drink the bottle the whole trip (or if you're like my sisters and I... in 1 night! lol). Anyways, just thought I'd let you know! Still cheaper buying the bottle and bringing your soda than buying drinks on the ship! HAPPY SAILING!

You can also bring on 1 bottle of wine per person. They will charge you a cork fee if you bring it to the dining room...but you can enjoy it in you room/balcony free of charge.;)

You are allowed to bring onboard 1 bottle of wine and drink it in your room for free? On NCL you have to pay a $15 corkage fee before you get on the ship and the wine is taken from you and kept in the dinning room under your name. This sounds way better!:D

You are allowed to bring onboard 1 bottle of wine and drink it in your room for free? On NCL you have to pay a $15 corkage fee before you get on the ship and the wine is taken from you and kept in the dinning room under your name. This sounds way better!:D

In the past Carnival suggested a 'limited number' of bottles of wine could be carried on, so we used to carry on 1 bottle per day which we did take to the dining room every night and sometimes they added the corkage fee, sometimes not. Now we buy the extras we can't carry on.

Or you can do what we did on our cruise 2 weeks ago on the Destiny, carry on 2 bottles of wine and put 5 more bottles, a box of wine and a 12 pack of beer in our checked luggage so we hardly had to buy any drinks on the ship. No one said a word about it, and our room steward even brought a cooler to our room for us to keep all of it cold, and then replaced the ice in it every day. He got a good tip out of that right away.

You can also ask a bartener or your cabin Steward for wine glasses.
That's good to know. We're planning on bringing on the two allowed bottles of wine -- one for each of us -- to drink in the room. But I was wondering what we'd have to do as far as wine glasses. Now I know. :D

I just found out through my agent that you can purchase a bottle of booze from the embarkment team at 800-522-7648. You have to order it before your cruise and they will have it in your room waiting for you! It's expensive though! Capt. Morgan 1 liter is $40, but you can drink the bottle the whole trip (or if you're like my sisters and I... in 1 night! lol). Anyways, just thought I'd let you know! Still cheaper buying the bottle and bringing your soda than buying drinks on the ship! HAPPY SAILING!

Although Capt. and coke is my DH's drink of choice it's not mine. Is there a website that I can browse what stock you can purchase from? All I can seam to find is the wine at bon voyage.

I have done this before and it's not bad. NCL Charges $80.00 for a bottle of Jack Daniels in your cabin ! :eek: So $40.00 is NOT BAD ! :D

Archived