La Quinta Inn East questions

lilcruzr

We are staying at the La Quinta Inn East for post and pre-cruise (3-13-09 and 3-21-09). I read that the restaurant by the hotel is closed, but they would shuttle you to other restaurants.

1. Does anyone know the names of these restaurants?

2. I read that there is not a store close to the hotel, but does anyone know if there a is a store close to any of the restaurants - just for soda and water?

3. Does anyone have any suggestions for the 4 hours from the time we get off the ship to when we check-in at the hotel?

Thanks for any information

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be at the same hotel in April and see no one has answered you yet. Can you let me know when you get back the answers to your questions? Also, let me know if you're going to the mall and how much your taxi was if you're taking one.

Have a great cruise and where are you going?

Thanks!

:D

We have stayed there twice since September and will probably stay again in March. There really is nothing around the hotel and even if you are a "walker" you won't want to try. They offer three different restaurants, one is a steak house (a little pricey) one was "The Catch of the Day" and I don't remember the 3rd one. Most people pick "The Catch of the Day" (we did) and the food was fine and the service good. The van took us and returned promptly when we called. We saw a few

restaurants around there (not sure of the neighborhood though). Also they put a lot of pizza fliers under your door toward evening, all of which deliver. The biggest piece of information I can give you though is you can call ahead on the morning of your arrival and reserrve a spot on the shuttle bus to the pier. This is really good if you have a late flight because the earlier shuttles fill up.

What are the shuttle times? Is there a place to buy water and soda? Did you go to the Mall? As for eating, did you stay there or get your food to go since you went by shuttle?

Thanks!

:D

I think the shuttle times vary. We sailed on a Monday in September and a Saturday in January. There were more times offered on Saturday. I think there may have been only 2 on Monday and we left on the last one at 12:30. We left on the first one on Saturday at 10:30. They own at least two mini-buses (hold about 25 to 30) and several vans, but I would still guess they run about every hour or so. Remember, you must sign up for the shuttle which is really nice. We have shuttled in the past from hotels and it is like a herd of cattle with everyone pushing and shoving - this was wonderful. As for the food, the shuttle will drop you off at the restaurant then pick you up when you call. To be honest there could have been places around the restaurant to buy needed items (we didn't look). We did not go to a mall. We only took the shuttle offered to restaurants, perhaps if you asked they would drop you off at a mall.

We are staying at the La Quinta Inn East for post and pre-cruise (3-13-09 and 3-21-09). I read that the restaurant by the hotel is closed, but they would shuttle you to other restaurants.

1. Does anyone know the names of these restaurants?

2. I read that there is not a store close to the hotel, but does anyone know if there a is a store close to any of the restaurants - just for soda and water?

3. Does anyone have any suggestions for the 4 hours from the time we get off the ship to when we check-in at the hotel?

Thanks for any information[/quote

Hi we had a group of 26 that stayed here on jan 31 for a feb 1 cruise. We got into Miami at 8:00am we got out bags and wondered what to do till we checked inn. There was a small van from the Motel sitting so a couple we to the motel and he said they would send a bus back to to get us. The Motel was Great all our rooms were ready and they left us check inn and never charged us for early check in.

Even let us eat the breakfast. We took cabs to south beach and spent most of the Day there. There are cabs at the motel that will take you any where. Even took us for a few bottles of spirts lol . We were on the 2 nd shuttle at 1130 took our whole group to port. Would us this place again.

Hi, we are 2 parties of 4 and will be arriving late on April 10 and our cruise leaves on April 11. We are hoping to leave our vans here for parking and take the shuttles to the pier, is this possible, I found this hotel on parksleepfly and it looks like this is OK with the hotel.:p

• 4 weeks later...

We just returned from our cruise on Sunday. We stayed pre- and post cruise. I will answer my previous questions.

1. Restaurants-Hereford House-relatively expensive steak house; the Latin Cafe-Cuban and American style food; Catch of the day-seafood and drinks. Pre-cruise, we ate at Catch of the Day. I ordered a shrimp wrap and my husband ordered the large shrimp and a tango mango mohito-yummo. We ate at the Latin Cafe post-cruise. I ordered shredded beef in red sauce. They give you very large portions. Both restaurants have kid's menus. The shuttle went on the hour and when you were done you called them to pick you up. They accept tips. This is much easier than a taxi or renting a car, considering the way they drive which is interesting. There is a Bennigan's in the parking lot area that just re-opened. We went there for lunch post-cruise. It was ok.

2. There was a convenience store about a 10 mn walk away. We didn't attempt it. The hotel has several vending machines. The 20 oz sodas were 1.50. We bought several Dr. Peppers and carried them on with our carry-ons.

3. Post-cruise- We walked off our ship late. There was a taxi strike, but were able to take a taxi to the hotel and did not attempt to go out any more. We were able to check in at 10:30 and our room was ready at 11:15. We also were not charged for the extra time. They remembered us from the week prior. The staff was extremely helpful and nice. They called both times during the afternoon to check on us. Our Sunday morning flight left at 6:00 am so we chose to take a taxi to the airport at 4:30 am instead of using their first shuttle at 5:00 am. They also called the taxi for us.The hotel is somewhat dated, but clean. It is very close to the airport and it is noisy if you stay out by the pool. We didn't notice any significant noise while inside. We would choose this hotel again. Let me know if you have any questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add to the last post that we too stayed at this hotel March 20th and check out March 21 with 5 other families. The shuttle from airport to hotel was easy and not a long wait. We went to the Latin Sandwich Place for dinner which was good. The shuttle driver told us that a KMart was about 4 blocks away so we walked to it which also had a Winn Dixie and other stores in the same mall. We bought pop, and mixers for the ship and then walked back to restaurant to get picked up from hotel. Next morning the continental breakfast was good and we had the first shuttle to the pier at 9:45 am.

The front desk staff was excellent and treated our guests wonderfully.

You will hear airplanes till about 11pm and then again around 6:30am.

Archived