Late but never too late 4 day Imagination review - brought our own liquor on!

kyle2227

So me and my friend wanted to go on a cruise. Imagination Jan 23-26th. I have been on carnival before but my friend has never cruised before. Originally we were going to try rcl because we saw a killer deal but the day we were going to book the price nearly doubled so we want with carnival. And I am glad we did. We booked this cruise last minute about a week before the sail date and in turn paid a high price. Not on the cruise itself but on the airfare. To travel out of our local Philadelphia airport which is about 35 minutes from our house it was about $500 per person round trip to miami. Ouch! We ended up having to fly from harrisburg (which is about 2 hours from our house) and the funny thing was the plane connected in philly before heading to miami. Supply and demand I guess. Instead of $500 per person round trip we paid close to $300 per person which was better but still ouch. When we got to miami my idea was to ask if other people were headed to the cruise port and split the cab fare with them. We ended up finding a guy who would do it for $10 per person. He took us in a van with a bunch of other cruisers. When we got there check in was very fast. Now I am not cheap and neithor is my friend. We did buy some drinks on the ship. But we refuse to spend $40+ dollars each to get a good buzz on(were young I am 25 and my friend is 24) So we brought some of our own liquor. My friend brought 2 bottles and I brought 1. We kept the bottles in the brown paper bags the state store gave us and put the bags between clothes in our suitcase. Got it on the ship without any problems. The only other carnival cruise I had been on was a 7 day cruise which had more family's. This one had a good amount of family's but also had a nice younger college crowd which we really liked. The ship was nice not nearly as big as the past ship I had been on the liberty but they did a good job maintaining it. Staff were very quick and attentative. Remembered my favorite desert the famous warm chocolate melting cake at dinner each night. First thig we did after going to our room was to the lido buffet. I grabbed a funship special on the way. The buffet was yummy a great variety. My friend ended up having like 4 plates and paid for it come dinner time (we had early seating) He felt sick and could barely eat dinner but a few hours later he was feeling fine again. The first night our table was full and we meet some great people mostly younger people our age. The second night our table was virtually empty and then the third night about half full. (the second night I believe was the formal night with lobster) The first night my friend and I basically spent the night at the dance club on the ship. Was a lot of fun. The next day we were at Nassau. We brought our own snorkel gear so we got a taxi (cab rates are fixed in Nassau was $4 per person to the beach) We snorkeled by the beach for a wile saw a few fish was pretty cool but not a ton of fish. Then we checked out Atlantis. Was cool but very expensive from what we were hearing from other people. Then we want back and did some shopping closer to the port. Later that night we came back out to hit up the dance clubs. Some guy came up to us asking if we wanted some white powder we said no thanks. We want to club flo I believe it was called first. We did not like that very much so we then want to some place called the bamboo lounge???? Can't remember the name. We checked out senour frogs but did not feel like paying another cover charge so want back to the ship and the ships night club. The third day we spent mainly around the pool and in the hottubs. I believe the third night was the captains party or maybe that was the second night I cant remember but free drinks galore. I ended up drinking like 7 drinks in the short amount of time the captains party lasted. Maybe a little overboard but hey they are free. Carnival still has the hairy chest compitition and other things like that. The only thing to note is I was not sure if breakfast could be had in the main dining rooms or if it was buffet only? Believe it or not one of the best parts was when we got back to miami at like 3 in the morning just starring at the beautiful city all lit up. It was stunning and made me wish I lived there. Overall it was a great cruise. However cost wise it was expensive for only 4 days. The longer cruises are a better value if you have to tack on airfare like we did. This one girl told me she spent a few hundred dollars on drinks on the ship. I was thinking to myself shes crazy. I remember she was ordering shots that filled up three quarters of a regular glass crazy! One thing I forgot was when we were at the nassau port one of the other ship was the imperial majesty cruise line. Lol it was kinda funny looking at that ship how old it looks. Looks like they maintain it the best they can for how old it is. I'm still tempted to take up one of their free cruises. I just received another one of their free cruise vouchers in the mail the other day. But most likely will not due to high cost of airfare.

I also found out how to get cheaper drinks. To get cheaper drinks I found out the secret is to say you want house liquor in a regular glass. Can shave as much as 2+ dollars off the cost of a drink.

So me and my friend wanted to go on a cruise. Imagination Jan 23-26th.

I have been on carnival before but my friend has never cruised before.

Originally we were going to try rcl because we saw a killer deal but the day we were going to book the price nearly doubled so we want with carnival. And I am glad we did.

We booked this cruise last minute about a week before the sail date and in turn paid a high price. Not on the cruise itself but on the airfare. To travel out of our local Philadelphia airport which is about 35 minutes from our house it was about $500 per person round trip to miami. Ouch! We ended up having to fly from harrisburg (which is about 2 hours from our house) and the funny thing was the plane connected in philly before heading to miami. Supply and demand I guess.

Instead of $500 per person round trip we paid close to $300 per person which was better but still ouch. When we got to miami my idea was to ask if other people were headed to the cruise port and split the cab fare with them. We ended up finding a guy who would do it for $10 per person. He took us in a van with a bunch of other cruisers.

When we got there check in was very fast. Now I am not cheap and neithor is my friend. We did buy some drinks on the ship. But we refuse to spend $40+ dollars each to get a good buzz on(were young I am 25 and my friend is 24) So we brought some of our own liquor. My friend brought 2 bottles and I brought 1. We kept the bottles in the brown paper bags the state store gave us and put the bags between clothes in our suitcase. Got it on the ship without any problems.

The only other carnival cruise I had been on was a 7 day cruise which had more family's. This one had a good amount of family's but also had a nice younger college crowd which we really liked.

The ship was nice not nearly as big as the past ship I had been on the liberty but they did a good job maintaining it. Staff were very quick and attentative. Remembered my favorite desert the famous warm chocolate melting cake at dinner each night.

First thig we did after going to our room was to the lido buffet. I grabbed a funship special on the way. The buffet was yummy a great variety. My friend ended up having like 4 plates and paid for it come dinner time (we had early seating) He felt sick and could barely eat dinner but a few hours later he was feeling fine again.

The first night our table was full and we meet some great people mostly younger people our age. The second night our table was virtually empty and then the third night about half full. (the second night I believe was the formal night with lobster)

The first night my friend and I basically spent the night at the dance club on the ship. Was a lot of fun.

The next day we were at Nassau. We brought our own snorkel gear so we got a taxi (cab rates are fixed in Nassau was $4 per person to the beach) We snorkeled by the beach for a wile saw a few fish was pretty cool but not a ton of fish. Then we checked out Atlantis. Was cool but very expensive from what we were hearing from other people. Then we want back and did some shopping closer to the port.

Later that night we came back out to hit up the dance clubs. Some guy came up to us asking if we wanted some white powder we said no thanks. We want to club flo I believe it was called first. We did not like that very much so we then want to some place called the bamboo lounge???? Can't remember the name.

We checked out senour frogs but did not feel like paying another cover charge so want back to the ship and the ships night club.

The third day we spent mainly around the pool and in the hottubs.

I believe the third night was the captains party or maybe that was the second night I cant remember but free drinks galore. I ended up drinking like 7 drinks in the short amount of time the captains party lasted. Maybe a little overboard but hey they are free.

Carnival still has the hairy chest compitition and other things like that. The only thing to note is I was not sure if breakfast could be had in the main dining rooms or if it was buffet only?

Believe it or not one of the best parts was when we got back to miami at like 3 in the morning just starring at the beautiful city all lit up. It was stunning and made me wish I lived there.

Overall it was a great cruise. However cost wise it was expensive for only 4 days. The longer cruises are a better value if you have to tack on airfare like we did.

This one girl told me she spent a few hundred dollars on drinks on the ship. I was thinking to myself shes crazy. I remember she was ordering shots that filled up three quarters of a regular glass crazy!

One thing I forgot was when we were at the nassau port one of the other ship was the imperial majesty cruise line. Lol it was kinda funny looking at that ship how old it looks. Looks like they maintain it the best they can for how old it is. I'm still tempted to take up one of their free cruises. I just received another one of their free cruise vouchers in the mail the other day. But most likely will not due to high cost of airfare.

I also found out how to get cheaper drinks. To get cheaper drinks I found out the secret is to say you want house liquor in a regular glass. Can shave as much as 2+ dollars off the cost of a drink.

There I helped. I left the typos.

dont do the free cruise we have and yes the ship is very old and rough seas rooms very tiny not very nice in all

:confused:

Thanks for the information. I saw the ship and yes it does look very old. We were only tempted as it's quote un quote free(just pay taxes I believe). But we won't go on it now.

Archived