Sunday tours / late flight, + other tours

Soukara

We are coming off of Windsurf on Sunday 3/8/09 and our flight home isn't till 3 PM

Does anyone know if any of the private tour operators have anything to offer on or taking a cab tour for a few hours ? Dealing with our luggage seems to complicate things.

Also does anyone have experience dealing with private tour operators on any of the other Windsurf ports ?

I looked into the same thing as we will be arriving in Barbados on 3/1 off the 2/22 Wind Surf cruise (southbound though so I think we have different ports). We wanted to plan something for Sunday 2/22 - the departure day since the cruise leaves at midnight - as well as Sunday, 3/1 before our 3:30pm flight.

On 3/1, we decided to just relax for $15 pp at the beach at The Boatyard (theboatyard.com) which is close to the pier before our flight home (they open at 9am and will pick you up from the pier if you email them; otherwise, it's a $5 or so cab ride). They responded to my email and said they would store our luggage so that makes things easier. WindSurf told me you can stay on the boat until 10am, btw.

You could also book a tour. I emailed Glory Tours which is recommended on this site, but Sarah emailed back that they had no tours on 2/22, Sunday. Johnson's Tours also had no Sunday tours unless you book a private car for $40 per hour per car.

Since a lot of people recommended private taxi tours as a good way to see the island, I emailed a few taxi/tour drivers that I pulled off various boards and have booked one ($35 per hour) with another couple who contacted me through the cruise critic board. (I booked Gregory by contacting him at bigone1959@hotmail.com; phone is 246-239-8799 - the recommendation I saw said he gave an "idyllic tour, speaks well and is interesting"). He has an a/c'd van and said has plenty of room for luggage so he can pick us up from the hotel and drop us at the pier for the cruise. I've also reserved Gregory for an airport pickup and Friday night round trip to Oistin's from the Accra Hotel (we're spending the first weekend in Barbados before the cruise). Email me after the 1st and I'll let you know how the tour was!

I've also seen recommendations on this board for Cameron Tours -- camireid@yahoo.com (see scenicbarbados.com) and the price for a private tour was about the same (one person -- out of many -- said they found he was hard to understand so I was a little hesitant). I had a few other names from the boards, but mostly only with telephone numbers (or email addresses that bounced) - email me if you want the names I have with phone numbers. Linda

Archived