Galveston Port Logistics

jbrowne

According to the Port web site The drivers will drop off the luggage at the port terminal and then park. A shuttle will return the driver to the terminal.

If you use the EZparking, I've read you carry your luggage on the shuttle. I understand it is cheaper and about two blocks away.

Try these...

http://www.portofgalveston.com/

http://www.ezcruiseparking.com/

I drove down last weekend to check out the grand and saw a sign that said $45 a week to park. (Across the street from the boats) What I would do is drive all the way down to the port and pass all the lots and check out the prices. There appears to be 4 or 5 different places and any given one only appeared to be half full. The best way to get there and see all the parking options is once you come over the Galveston causeway bridge take the first exit (I think it’s 1a) there will be a Cruise Port sign directing you to the left at the first stop sign. Turn left and the port is about 3 to 4 mile down that road. You will immediately start-seeing people holding park here signs for lots further down the road. I even saw one guy holding a sign stating “Lots Full Park Here” that was just a ploy to get customers. The reason I remember the $45 a week is because the sign was in a picture I took of the Grand. Good luck and I would be glad to answer any questions I can. I’m going back down there this coming Saturday because my daughter wants to see the ship and I’ll make a note of all the lots I see and their prices. I’ll post them back on here next Saturday evening if you would like.

We're on the Grand departing Jan 8. We are driving to the port and wonder whether we can drive to the ship to drop off luggage before parking or whether we have to haul our luggage aboard a parking shuttle.

Have you checked our Roll Call thread for this sailing yet? See ya there!

Just FYI - the $45.00 a week signs are for EZ cruize, where you see the signs actually aren't where you really park, they will re-direct you to the main EZ cruise lot. Also, if you pre-reserve it on-line at their website you will get a discount. We used them and it worked out fine for us. The debarkation itself was a nightmare and took forever to get back to our car, but it WAS NOT the fault of EZcruise parking.

Good luck

Traffic trying to get to the terminal is a NIGHTMARE. There is only one way in and out for the 2 terminals and around 11 to noon there are not only folks trying to get on the two ships that are in port, but also there are still folks trying to get off the two ships.

Unless you wait and come after about 2 or maybe even 3, then go ahead and park and take the shuttles. At EZCRUISE PARKING, you can wait at your car and the shuttle will come by and pick you up. They help load the luggage and also unload it and then at the terminal a porter takes it away. Really n ot a big hassel.

eguiney is right. I'm not sure about other ports, but at Galveston you definitely want to avoid dropping your bags at the terminal. This is a bad traffic situation made worse by the "official" cruise parking forcing several hundred vehicles to pass by the terminals only to drop off or pick up bags.

If you want to do it, count on 30 minutes (quite possibly longer) just to go around the loop in front of the 2 terminals. Or, as suggested, plan to arrive after the rush. I've got EZ Parking in 2 weeks, and if the weather is decent I may just walk to avoid 20 minutes on a shuttle to go a few blocks. I've walked a lot further at Austin-Bergstrom after giving up on the parking shuttle there. :(

Mike

I've got EZ Parking in 2 weeks, and if the weather is decent I may just walk to avoid 20 minutes on a shuttle to go a few blocks.
Hi, Mike!:D

How far is EZ from terminal 2? I've thought about just walking, myself. Thanks to the Ecstasy, you know that's where we'll be boarding,right?:rolleyes:

Archived