Parking in Tampa

g'ville

Hey Everyone,

I will be cruising on Grandeur of the Seas in about two weeks. I read a thread a couple of months ago about available parking other than the Port in Tampa. Now I cannot find that thread and am trying to find out if there are other parking options other than the Port parking!

Any assistance would be appreciated.

G'ville

I'd just park at the port. It's very close, drop your bags circle back and then park. From there, walk the reasonably short walk back to the port hop in line, check in and cruise. It is easy when you get back as well....we did a first off disembark and carried all of our bags to the car in the garage without too much difficulty.

Hey Everyone' date='

I will be cruising on Grandeur of the Seas in about two weeks. I read a thread a couple of months ago about available parking other than the Port in Tampa. Now I cannot find that thread and am trying to find out if there are other parking options other than the Port parking!

G'ville[/quote']

There is now valet parking available, drop off your car and the valet takes it for you, worth the extra money...The car is not in the garage it is outside, upon disembarkation we had our car in 5 minutes... Enjoy the Grandeur...

I sailed on the Grandeur Feb. 2 and parked in the garage. I had been told that valet was the way to go, but my mother was reluctant to hand the keys over to someone else for nearly a week. So, I dropped my mother, my sister, and all of our luggage off at the pier, then parked the car in the garage. There were very few cars in there at the time and I got a convenient spot in a covered area (unlike valet, which is outside). It was $70 for for our 5 night cruise. When we returned, my mom and sister waited with our luggage while I picked up the car. I drove up by the sidewalk, we loaded up, and drove away. It may have taken 20 minutes, versus 5, but it was easy!

There is now valet parking available, drop off your car and the valet takes it for you, worth the extra money...The car is not in the garage it is outside, upon disembarkation we had our car in 5 minutes... Enjoy the Grandeur...

We did the same and thought it was a great deal.. One thing is when you get off the ship look for a porter to assist you with luggage as the lines can be long at times, and he will wisk you throug the express lane. Enjoy!!

Hey Everyone' date='

G'ville[/quote']

There are plenty of lots in downtown Tampa that let you pay by the day and or month - but those would be a couple of blocks away (several are very close to the St. Pete Forum) - and they are unsupervised and uncovered. I think $3.00 per day for some and maybe $30 per month? You could drop off the luggage and drive there - but I'm not sure it would be worth the savings.

I also have a vague memory about a hotel that let you leave your car -if you stayed there pre and/or post cruise ? (Maybe the Hampton Inn in Ybor City??) That is just a very vague memory - but maybe someone else remembers that post?

I live in the area and if I can't get someone to drop me off - we use the port garage.

Go to parksleepfly.com and check for any Tampa hotels that will take you to the port while your car stays in their area. Some have a special lot for that purpose. I am not sure if they will come and get you after the cruise or you might hve to take a taxi back. We've used the port parking and it is very convenient.

Archived