Has anyone done the st john beach escape??

**CruiseChick**

we are currently debating on booking megans bay or st johns beach escape, through ncl. anyone know what the hours for the st john excursion would be? and also, if we did this, would we still have enough time to get some shopping done? which do you think we would like more, megans bay or st john beach?

I did this through another line (actually twice) and really enjoyed it more than Magans Bay. You can get a really beautiful view of more than one island as you make your way to St. John. Im sorry I dont have the answer if you had time to shop, but if you go to the website and pretend to book it it will give you the times.

I agree about St. Johns. We were just at St. THomas as was disappointed because we docked too late to make a run to St. John's Trunk Bay is really beautiful. There are some shops right next to the ship so I would imagine you would still have time to do some shopping.

We've done it twice and loved it both times. To me, Trunk Bay is about as beautiful as it gets. We've had good snorkling both times. You will have an opportunity to visit some of the shops on St. John...not long...maybe 1/2 hour. After you do the beach escape and go back to St. Thomas you can opt to stay in town to do some shopping then taxi back to the ship but you will only have about 45 min-1 hour tops to shop....

We've done it twice and loved it both times. To me' date=' Trunk Bay is about as beautiful as it gets. We've had good snorkling both times. You will have an opportunity to visit some of the shops on St. John...not long...maybe 1/2 hour. After you do the beach escape and go back to St. Thomas you can opt to stay in town to do some shopping then taxi back to the ship but you will only have about 45 min-1 hour tops to shop....[/quote']

We had longer than that. About 2 hours I would guess. We managed to get enough stuff! Our luggage was considerably heavier after St Thomas/St Johns.:) Check out the map shop.

we are currently debating on booking megans bay or st johns beach escape, through ncl. anyone know what the hours for the st john excursion would be? and also, if we did this, would we still have enough time to get some shopping done? which do you think we would like more, megans bay or st john beach?

I am going to let you in on a little secert. Check out Emeral beach it is not far from the port they have a best western hotel there and there is also a small bar where you can get what ever. It is a very good beach just need to get a ride to and from. Check it out. I went there once because we did not want to go all the way to megans beach which is on the other side of the island. There were toures at one time but I dont think they do it now. I know you will love it. If you wanted you could all most walk there but it is to hot...

I am going to let you in on a little secert. Check out Emeral beach it is not far from the port they have a best western hotel there and there is also a small bar where you can get what ever. It is a very good beach just need to get a ride to and from. Check it out. I went there once because we did not want to go all the way to megans beach which is on the other side of the island. There were toures at one time but I dont think they do it now. I know you will love it. If you wanted you could all most walk there but it is to hot...

Hi Retired. I'm not sure if you are referring to St Thomas or St Johns. We did something like this once on St Thomas. It was so beautiful; Chris actually called work and posted pictures of where we were. No wonder they don't speak to her anymore!:D

I just have to say that in my opinion you can not even compare the two. Trunk Bay is just breath takingly beautiful. Megan's Bay is just a nice beach. We would never think of going to St. Thomas or St. John and not going to Trunk Bay.

I lived in St Thomas for 7 years. Magan's bay itself is just a huge beach, but getting there, over the mountain, or seeing it from Drake's Seat is better than actually being there, for beauty. I'd opt for St John any day.

Some acquaintances on Dawn last month went on the St John beach escape and said it was wonderful.

As far as getting in some shopping, that will depend on whether you are anchored out, as we were. You have to be in line for the tender which cuts down on shopping time. If you are at Havensight, you'll be able to shop. Limited shopping at Crown Bay, plus a cab ride there, if that's where you're docked.

We will be on the Apr.11 Dawn stopping in St. Thomas, how much does it cost to get to St. Johns, this is our first time to these islands, we really want to relax, snorkle and get a georgous view. We are docked from 9am to 6 pm will we have enough time to get there and back? There are 4 adults and 4 teen girls who love the beach:p Thanks for all your help.

We were all ready to book this excursion, through ncl, after reading the wonderful reviews here, in regard to st john...and were very disappointed, when it did not show on the excursion page. At that point, I called ncl's excursion desk, and after an extremely helpful ncl rep, did some checking for us, we were told, it was sold out!! :(:(:(

I had my heart set on going there, so, as of this date, we still have not booked anything, as im now undecided as to what we should do....

We were all ready to book this excursion, through ncl, after reading the wonderful reviews here, in regard to st john...and were very disappointed, when it did not show on the excursion page. At that point, I called ncl's excursion desk, and after an extremely helpful ncl rep, did some checking for us, we were told, it was sold out!! :(:(:(

I had my heart set on going there, so, as of this date, we still have not booked anything, as im now undecided as to what we should do....

Im so sorry to hear that.. but don't give up. I have heard they always keep some spots open for people to book when they get onboard (I don't know if that is true, just what I have heard). But, often on sold out tours like this they will see if they think they can support another boat to take people on the tour. So you never know. When you get onboard be sure and go to the excursion desk and sign up at least on the waiting list.

Im so sorry to hear that.. but don't give up. I have heard they always keep some spots open for people to book when they get onboard (I don't know if that is true, just what I have heard). But, often on sold out tours like this they will see if they think they can support another boat to take people on the tour. So you never know. When you get onboard be sure and go to the excursion desk and sign up at least on the waiting list.

Thank you very much, for your help! We will definitely look into doing that, once we're on board.

We will be on the Apr.11 Dawn stopping in St. Thomas, how much does it cost to get to St. Johns, this is our first time to these islands, we really want to relax, snorkle and get a georgous view. We are docked from 9am to 6 pm will we have enough time to get there and back? There are 4 adults and 4 teen girls who love the beach:p Thanks for all your help.

You will have plenty of time to get there andback. Check out the Ports of Calls section and you'll find plenty of info. The ship will have an excursion over there but there are a couple other ways to get there on your own. Not very expensive. But a beautiful beach. Not a great picture with this but it gives you an idea.

36326982_TrunkBay.jpg.6b84785b89712b695d0bc3853e6d544f.jpg

I have been to St. Thomas twice & St. JOHN twice also. NOT on a cruise stop...Megan's Bay is breathtaking....but does NOT compare to any beach on Sr. John. We actually camped out on Cinnamon Beach for a couple nites.....still dreaming about it!!

Get a cab to take you to Red Hook & jump on the ferry over to St. John for the day. Plenty of taxi's everywhere! Just tell them to take you to a beach....you won't regret it!!

I have been to St. Thomas twice & St. JOHN twice also. NOT on a cruise stop...Megan's Bay is breathtaking....but does NOT compare to any beach on Sr. John. We actually camped out on Cinnamon Beach for a couple nites.....still dreaming about it!!

Get a cab to take you to Red Hook & jump on the ferry over to St. John for the day. Plenty of taxi's everywhere! Just tell them to take you to a beach....you won't regret it!!

So, am I understanding this correctly? In order to get to St. John on our own, we take a cab to the ferry dock, take the ferry over and we will be at St. John? Its that easy? Normally, I wouldnt consider doing it on our own, but, as of now, the excursion is still sold out, as per ncl!

Yup...it's that easy cruisechick!!

Just get off te boat, grab a taxi & tell him you want to get to Red Hook. Get on the ferry in Red Hook....20min. later you will be on beautiful St. John. Grab a taxi there & tell him to get you to a beach anywhere!

I could come along & be your persoanl guide!!! But I'm sure you will do just fine on your own! And well worth it!!

Archived