helipad

faith1

Does anyone know if the ncl dawn has a helipad? The brochure shows it does but it also has other names of ships of top of the legend. I am a little confused.

I believe that it does....the baskeball court is also a helipad...they lower the neeting and the goal stands...at sea, the helicopter does not land on the ship...hovers and passenger is lifted in a basket to the helicopter.

Does anyone know if the ncl dawn has a helipad? The brochure shows it does but it also has other names of ships of top of the legend. I am a little confused.

why?? are you thinking you'll be late and have just have your helicopter land you on the deck:)

Yes it does. We are jsut off the Dawn yesterday and on Wednesday night they had to do a medical evacuation via helicopter (don't know any details so don't ask) and a chopper came to get them about 10:00 PM. Not sure if it landed or hovered and used a basket, but I understood it landed.

The interesting thing was that despite the fact that we had to change course and slow/stop the ship for a while, we were right on time for GSC on Friday. Nice job Captain!

We were on the Dawn as well and it was quite a sight to see the operation in total darkness. We were close to Puerto Rico and you could see the helicpoter approaching from San Juan. It hovered aroubnd the ship for at least 10 minutes before touching down. Hope the person is ok.

Archived