Family Radios

Has anyone uased them while in Europe?

Are these FRF frequencies available?

The frequencies are 67.0 to 250.3

I know this has been brought up over the years re using them in Europe and hopefully someone will post with updated info,but in the past they were not to be used and considered illegal in some places and the freg. used in some were the coutries emergeny no's so they were considered a no to use.You may want to use Google as well to see what indo you can find.

Europe

In Europe, a personal radio service with the same sort of licensing restriction is PMR446 having eight channels in the 446 MHz range. One cannot legally use the FRS radio in Europe or PMR446 in the U.S. The 446 MHz band is allocated to amateur radio in the United States, so in principle a licensed amateur operator could use non-FCC-type-accepted PMR446 radios in the U.S. in compliance with the rules for amateur radio operation. In Great Britain, FRS frequencies are used for fire brigade communications and this sometimes causes problems when FRS equipment is imported from the U.S. and used without awareness of the consequences by members of the public.

Thanks Karen. I wil ltry that. What about while on board the ship? Does the same go do you think? (while off shore)

I see you found some info..good.About using them on the ship I have no idea..would not even hazard a guess..use a watch and a meeting place would be my take as less is more on vacation...:D

• 1 month later...

What you posted are CTCSS tones, not the actual frequencies of the Radios.

What is LEGAL in the USA is NOT Legal outside of [uS/CN and limited Mexico] for the FRS and GMRS Radios [altho the Cruise lines do rent them still.]

One of the GMRS channels is actually the Prime Minister of India's Security Channel. Opps. !

Has anyone uased them while in Europe?

Are these FRF frequencies available?

The frequencies are 67.0 to 250.3

Archived