Cruise Review - Carnival Liberty 1/24/09 LONG

marcia014

Debarkation was very easy. We went up to the Lido deck for breakfast and the first thing we noticed was that it was COLD! We heard 48 degrees in Miami! We finished breakfast and debarked, and took a cab to the airport. Unfortunately we found out that you can only check in and get boarding passes 5 hours in advance, and we were there 6 hours early. We sat and listened to music and read for an hour, then checked our bags (me still dragging the 3-legged suitcase) and went to the gate. We had no trouble with the flight, and arrived home in Dallas to find there was some nasty weather the previous week, with school closed two days - a very good week to be in the Caribbean, indeed!

I was unable to see the new family suites, but did get the following 2 shots of the balcony while we were in San Juan - it looks nice and roomy. I never did see anyone out on the balconies, and when I walked by on debarkation day both doors were closed, so I wonder if either was occupied this week?

2078144790052288763S600x600Q85.jpg

2852750970052288763S600x600Q85.jpg

Here is the link to my Capers and other written information http://travel.webshots.com/album/569986889dtjqpX

I hope you enjoyed my review - we all agree it was a great cruise. I really enjoy the relaxation of sea days, but both Mom and Brother wish there were not two sea days at the beginning of the cruise, and did enjoy both sea days at the end. Please ask if you have any questions!

Thank you for the great review and the awesome pictures. We were on the Liberty (Western) in November and your pictures brought back fond memories. We are going on the Eastern Glory this November and will look for the tour you took in St. Marten. How did you book this tour? Again thank you for taking the time to post this review.

Great Review of the cruise. We were on the same on with you. We were also with you on Bernards tour and you sat with my daughter Holly. We also missed bad weather back home as they had the ice storms and some areas are still without power in Ky Thankfully we didn't lose power in Tn for long. Again Great review

We "FOUR SISTERS" (3 from MI and 1 from CA) were also on the cruise with you, your mom and brother as well as the tour with Bernard. We first met you at the CC meeting the very first day. Your review and photos were excellent. We see ourselves in some of your Bernard photos. Great job.

• 1 month later...

Our Bernard tour of St Maartens was wonderful!!! We took it last month and it could not compare to the tour that Carnival offered. A couple at our dinner table told us that because they took the Carnival tour. Here is a picture of Orient Beach that we stopped at.

103_2667.jpg.0a4b4e93bb55999ac015de78a882a8e6.jpg

Archived