Hampton Inn Webster,TX --Houston/Clear Lake/NASA area ?????

jillyfish

Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Webster TX lately? It is near Clear Lake/Seabrook area close to NASA. The Seabrook Hampton Inn, which is closes to NASA is booked for when we want to go. I am having a hard time finding many reviews on the Webster location. (of course the Seabrook location gets GREAT reviews!:rolleyes:)

Any info about the hotel or the surrounding area would be appreciated!! :)

As a local I haven't any experience staying at the Hampton Inn but it is in a good area, convenient to I-45 and with lots of restaurant choices in close proximity. It is actually much more convenient for cruisers traveling between Houston and Galveston than the Inn in Seabrook and is just as close to JSC/NASA.

I would be glad to answer any questions you may have about this area.

As a local I haven't any experience staying at the Hampton Inn but it is in a good area, convenient to I-45 and with lots of restaurant choices in close proximity. It is actually much more convenient for cruisers traveling between Houston and Galveston than the Inn in Seabrook and is just as close to JSC/NASA.

I would be glad to answer any questions you may have about this area.

I was just getting ready to post a response when I saw this one. The hotel is in a good area. I've stayed at Hampton Inn hotels before and have always been happy with the experience! It is very convenient for you as well.

Having stayed at both Hampton Inns multiple times for business - I like the Webster one better. The staff is very friendly, rooms clean, nice breakfast and the area is great with the amount of Restaurants and shopping available.

Super!! Thanks for each of your replies.

Do any of you ever go to the Kemah Boardwalk area? How large of an area is it? Is it family friendly?

Are there any 'can't miss' restaurants we should check out in the area? Nothing fancy, just GOOD food. Seafood, Italian, or comfort/diner food.

Thanks again for any info you can provide!! :)

The Kemah Boardwalk is a big tourist draw in this area. Although it was heavily damaged by Hurricane Ike, the majority of the shops and restaurants have re-opened. Go to www.kemahboardwalk for information. It is very family friendly with small shops, carnival-type rides and lots of waterfront restaurants. There are also additional shops and restaurants in the the older section of Kemah, which was a small, quiet bayfront community until it was "discovered" several years ago.

One of our favorite restaurants in the area when we are doing any kind of family dining is Tookies on Hwy 146 just north of the Kemah/Seabrook bridge. It is a very casual place with great hamburgers and outstanding fried onion rings. For Mexican try Don Julio's on NASA Parkway in Seabrook or Mom Alone also on NASA Parkway - and closer to Webster - or Papa Fajitas on Bay Area Blvd. just east of the Hampton Inn in Webster. If you are at the Webster Hampton, there are MANY restaurants from which to choose. Our favorite Italians in that area are Zio's and Carrabbas. We also like BJ's, a casual brew pub.

We were at the Kemah boardwalk last weekend - most of the restaurants were open, most of the attractions are still closed. We did have to let our daughter ride the carousel which she enjoyed a lot, but it was $3 per ride or $10 for an all day pass. We wish we did the all day pass and let her ride it a couple of time before and after dinner. The only other rides open were the train and a spinnng ride. Had an excellant dinner at

Landrys, although the 4 year old voted for the Aquarium instead:) Feel free to email me wth any questions at kilkenee@yahoo.com as I have been travellling to the area for many years (hence staying at the hamption inns) and moved here in August.

Haven't been to Tookies lately, I guess. Thought they had re-opened but perhaps not yet. Can't remember if I knew when you were going to be in this area, but if it is a few weeks/month, keep checking cause lots of places are getting back in business.

Still closed, no sign they are working on the place.

Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Webster TX lately? It is near Clear Lake/Seabrook area close to NASA. The Seabrook Hampton Inn, which is closes to NASA is booked for when we want to go. I am having a hard time finding many reviews on the Webster location. (of course the Seabrook location gets GREAT reviews!:rolleyes:)

Any info about the hotel or the surrounding area would be appreciated!! :)

We have stayed at the Comfort suites in Webster twice and loved it. There is plenty around that area and just 30 minutes to Galveston.

• 3 weeks later...

kilkenee:

I have the option to do self checking via the internet up to 24 hours in advance at the Webster Hampton Inn. I am not sure how detailed this check in is but I was wondering if one side of the hotel is quieter than the other. Is it on a main road or near anything else noisy that I would want to get as far away from as I could?

Thanks!!

Haven't stayed there but have had friends who did and no one complained of noise. It is far enough from the street that noise shouldn't be a problem in any of the rooms.

GREAT!! Thanks for the quick reply.

See ya on Friday!!! :D

I've never had problems with noise either. The hotel has 5 floors and the higher the room number, the further away from the elevators you will be. The only room I haven't liked is 101 by an entrance and close to the elevators.

I've never had problems with noise either. The hotel has 5 floors and the higher the room number, the further away from the elevators you will be. The only room I haven't liked is 101 by an entrance and close to the elevators.

Great!! We are really looking forward to our trip, thanks for your reply!! :)

Archived