Glory Eastern Dolphin Excursion

vicninsangel

I would like to do one of the dolphin excursions on the Glory May 9 Eastern Carribean cruise, but I'm worried about the short amount of time at the port. Has anyone done any of the dolphin excursions for this cruise, if so, which one and how were you on time?

Thanks fo any advice!

I would like to do one of the dolphin excursions on the Glory May 9 Eastern Carribean cruise, but I'm worried about the short amount of time at the port. Has anyone done any of the dolphin excursions for this cruise, if so, which one and how were you on time?

Thanks fo any advice!

Have you tried the boards for Nassau? If you are worried about time, pay the extra $ and book through CCL - they'll get you their and back no problem.

We have did both Atlantis and Blue Lagoon. We loved going to Blue Lagoon, the island is amazing. If you do this you should book with Carnival, such a short time in Nassau and the island is ablout 30 minutes away. Atlantis we did on our own, saved some money but can't recall how much. Same experience as Blue Lagoon just not as pretty as the island.

Hi! We just did the dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon when we were on Glory in December. We were concerned with the time constraints as well so we booked through Carnival and are glad we did!

Time to be back on board was 1:30, our excursion rolled in at almost 1:55! We weren't concerned though, as it was a carnival excursion, we figured they wouldn't leave without us!!:eek:

We all had a great time there, it is beautiful, fun and educational! We got lots of great pictures and our kids are still talking about "their" dolphin Salvador!!:D

Enjoy whatever excursion you choose!

Cindra

We met the tour operator right outside the exit around 10 or 10:30 (DH and I can't remember exactly!!:o) I know we had time to walk to the end of the pier, take a photo at the "Welcome to Bahamas" sign, walk around the little shopping area at the end of the pier (however, being early on a Sunday morning not a lot of the stalls were open) take some long shots of Atlantis etc...

We walked back through the market and along the waterfront to the boat, we stopped at Paradise Island (where Atlantis is) to pick up some more passengers and then on to the island. The ride is lovely!

I didn't want to get in with the dolphins (no fear, just didn't need to be since DH was in with the kidlets) so we paid the tour operator $20.00 once we got to the island for me to be an observer.

We didn't know it at the time but DH could have brought our camera in it's waterproof case into the dolphin enclosure with him to take photos. Helps with getting some good, close-up shots that their photog may not get.

We also splurged and got the family album as we knew the kids would want it but also because you got a little extra time with the dolphin (not a lot, but a little) while the photog was setting up each shot.

They announced when it was getting close to the time for us to leave so we knew to hurry it up when we were in the gift shop. It got really crazy busy in there!!

They then directed us to the right boat (one was going to our pier the other back to Paradise Island) and we got on.

Again, it was a really lovely and memorable way to spend the morning. No, we didn't really see anything of Nassau (I guess we'll have to do another cruise to do that:D) but it was what the kids wanted to do so it was all worth it.

Any more questions, just fire away!

Cindra

Archived