Transportation from FLL to Cruise Port

breezycruiser

I agree....a taxi is the way to go. The airport is right next to the port (probably only a mile), but with all the turns and airport ramps, etc... the ride is probably closer to 3 or 4. Our cab fare was $12 from the port to the airport. After boarding the Miracle, several of us aviation nuts sat on the aft Lido deck and watched the airplanes taking off. Good luck.

We have a group of 8 as of right now. There is a company called the Florida sunshine shuttle listing $150 (18.75 per person) round trip private shuttle with all fees included. Has anyone ever used them?

That might not be a bad idea. The taxi is cheaper because they charge for the trip and not per person. After the cruise, there's a large demand for taxis. So a taxi is cheaper per person, but at $18.75 per person for the private shuttle, your group can stay together and be sure you have a ride to the airport and not have to fight for taxis.

Wes

Getting a taxi back to the airport wasn't working for us. There were many ships in port. We ended up taking a van shuttle for a little more, ($11 pp)but at least we weren't standing around in a long line. Getting to the port we also had a shuttle, but we were in a hotel downtown. The cab costs just as much as the shuttle from there. ($9 pp)

We caught a free shuttle bus from the airport at the car rental area directly to the cruise port. No car rental required.

So there is a free shuttle from the airport! I was told there was but no one could tell me where it was. Thats good to know. Now I have a few options.

So there is a free shuttle from the airport! I was told there was but no one could tell me where it was. Thats good to know. Now I have a few options.

The shuttle isn't intended for people who don't rent a car but I guess if you have the nerve to try it nobody is going to say anything.

In Miami you couldn't get on the Avis shuttle bus without a rental agreement.

Bill

The shuttle isn't intended for people who don't rent a car but I guess if you have the nerve to try it nobody is going to say anything.

In Miami you couldn't get on the Avis shuttle bus without a rental agreement.

Bill

I have used the free shuttle on my last 2 cruises and I rented a car on both occasions from Orlando to FLL. They never asked for the rental paperwork, you just board and go...

Hello everyone. I'm flying to Ft. Lauderdale from Baltimore this summer for my cruise and I was wondering if there is there a shuttle from the airport to the cruise port? If so where is the pick up location and how much does it cost?

I hope it's okay to mention transportation companies (if not, I apologize- I'm sure the mods will remove if improper). We used EasyXpress (www.easyexpress.biz/) in September. Picked us up at FLL in a bus and took us to the Port of Miami. Roughly $20pp (roundtrip) plus prepaid tip. We were part of a group of 17. We set up everything before we arrived. When the ship returned, they were there to pick us up. Kept in touch by cellphone.

As the Carnival shuttle is only $30 roundtrip to the Ft. Lauderdale cruise terminal, we may just use that this time.

ToledoCruisers

• 2 months later...

We recently took a 5 day on the Destiny out of Miami, but we flew into Fort Lauderdale that morning. I found that by booking a limo with Cache Limo, I not only saved $25 for the 5 in my family compared to the cruiseline's shuttle bus at $30 pp, but we had a great experience. Being picked up in a brand new 2009 stretch limo was so exciting for our 3 children. I forget what kind of doors the limo had but they opened upward. The price included the tip and the charge of stopping at a store (Walgreens is were the driver took us) to pick up soda and water for our cruise. They did a really nice job with the transportation and it was fun and economical. I would recommend them, the owner Louis contacts you personally. Our driver was Lester.

Your best bet is a taxi. FLL is not very far from the cruise terminal.

Wes

I agree. We just got back yesterday from a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale, where we purchased the transfers through Carnvial.

What a waste of money. Hop in a cab and you'll be at the port in 10 minutes for about $15.

I have used the free shuttle on my last 2 cruises and I rented a car on both occasions from Orlando to FLL. They never asked for the rental paperwork, you just board and go...

Question for you on this. You rented the car in Orlando and returned it to Fort Lauderdale? Did they assess you a one way rental charge for that? If not, who did you rent through?

We were going to do that as well but every place i checked there was a $100 surcharge added on to the bill!

Question for you on this. You rented the car in Orlando and returned it to Fort Lauderdale? Did they assess you a one way rental charge for that? If not, who did you rent through?

We were going to do that as well but every place i checked there was a $100 surcharge added on to the bill!

rented cars in Florida many times and was nevered charged a drop off fee for dropping off the car in a different location in Florida.

I just did a fake booking on Avis for picking up a car in Orlando and dropping it off in FLL and there was no extra charge listed.

Good Luck

Bill

Archived