Sheraton Old San Juan

melgray13

We are arrive late and staying at the Sheraton Old San Juan for our upcoming cruise. I've got a couple location questions.

-Is there a Walgreens or something similar within walking distance? We want to pick up some water and other supplies before getting on the ship.

-Any dinner recommendations? We'd love something within walking distance or even delivery - we'll be tired from a long day of travel.

Thanks!

There's a Walgreens (and SuperMax grocery store) at Plaza de Armas (corner of Calles San Francisco and Cruz). Certainly within walking distance of the Sheraton.

This map should help put it into perspective.

There are many excellent restaurants within walking distance of the Sheraton. Take a look at this list of our favorites.

Just 2 short blocks behind the Sheraton is the street Recinto Sur. You will have a choice of about 20 great places (local, Italian, Turkish, Japanese,American etc) all right there. They have menus posted out front of each, so you can decide what you feel like.

One that street, we love the Italian place: Al Dente, and the lamb platter at Istambul.

We will also be staying at the Sheraton an was wondering if any place delivers. My son wants pizzahut and I know they have one because I have passed ita hundred times, but do they deliver? Does anyone know how expensive the restaraunts are inside the hotel? Does anyone have menus for the restaraunts inside the hotel?

We just returned from San Juan, and stayed 2 nights pre-cruise, and 1 night post-cruise at the Sheraton. We had dinner at the Italian restaurant located on 2nd floor of the Sheraton. We had a $99 meal for two, which included a bottle of wine and filet mignon, soup/salad and dessert. It was excellent. This restaurant is also open for breakfast and they do a very nice buffet ($18 each).

Well maybe some people want to eat at pizza hut because it's cheap. I would rather spend my money on better things than food. But thanks ever so much or giving me your opinion (that I did not ask for) on what I should eat.

well, it's a message board. You'll find it's fairly common for people to give opinions on here. If cheap is what you're going for I've read about lots of places on this board where you can get good, cheap, local food. Sorry that you were offended that I don't understand your preference, but eating at local restaurants is one of my favorite parts of a vacation, so it just seemed surprising to me.

It also surprises me that people would go to chain places like Hard Rock or Senor Frogs, but that doesn't mean I think less of someone who would. That's why they have so many places of all shapes and sizes.

Archived