Help needed with U.S Direct.

tabbycat1

We will be disembarking in Vancouver from our Carnival Spirit cruise on 9/2/09 and decided to use US Direct with our Northwest flight leaving at 12:20pm for home. Who do we arrange this with? How does it work ? Can we make the arrangements now?:)

My mom and I did this two years ago with Princess. They put you on the bus, seal the door with an official seal and drive you in a back way to the Vancouver airport. The bus is not allowed to open the door (and break the seal). I know this because one poor man had to go to the restroom on the drive to the airport and the driver could not stop to let him go. I felt so bad for him. When we got to the airport our group was security screened in a seperate expedited line. Once in the terminal we saw the regular customs line and it was soooo crowded. It was definately worth the money to have this done hassle free. Oh, you never touch your luggage, we put it out the last night of the cruise and didn't see it again till we arrived at LAX (our destination) Hope that helps.

If you check this link you will find everything you need to know. As you are southbound on the Diamond Princess you should be just fine. Some of the smaller ships when they arrive on a day where they are the only ship in town US Direct is not available.

http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/about/cruiseandtourism/usdirectprocess.aspx

If you check this link you will find everything you need to know. As you are southbound on the Diamond Princess you should be just fine. Some of the smaller ships when they arrive on a day where they are the only ship in town US Direct is not available.

http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/about/cruiseandtourism/usdirectprocess.aspx

Thank you so much :)

Archived