RCCL gift basket ?

Mickey527

I am going on a cruise with a very good friend of mine who has never been on a cruise.

It is her birthday the week before and I wanted to get a gift basket for her first cruise.

I was thinking of putting in things like a small box of candy, crackers, (because I hear the ones they have on board are terrible), a few pieces of fruit, some body lotion, sun lotion, nice coconut shampoo, a big towel, and a few small bottles of liquor.. (yes I know....)

If I wrap it and put it through with the checked baggage will it get onto the ship?

I was thinking of either the clear basket wrap or maybe using the towel and some ribbon to wrap it.

Any other ideas of what might be nice to put in?

I know that we can't bring any of the food back off the ship but I know she will finish it all, because I plan on helping.

Hello, Well, the booze may or may not make it on board, are you talking about the little "nip" size bottles? If they don't make it, don't be disappointed. You could always order a spa gift certificate or something for her from RCI, I am partial to the Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries myself. You can also either order room decorations from RCI or decorate the door and the cabin yourself. They willl bring her a birthday cake at dinner, too, if you tell them. Have a great cruise!!....Maureen

Archived