Sky Cruise - Norway Deck

kaymac22

We are cruising on the Sky April 10th for our first-ever cruise. We are a family of 4, booked in the very front of the ship (oceanview) on Deck 10 (Norway). Is this good, or bad? I read in another post that the buffet was right above us and it could be noisy. Should we try to move rooms? I tried to get a balcony but could not for a family of 4 (either booked or not available).

We are cruising on the Sky April 10th for our first-ever cruise. We are a family of 4, booked in the very front of the ship (oceanview) on Deck 10 (Norway). Is this good, or bad? I read in another post that the buffet was right above us and it could be noisy. Should we try to move rooms? I tried to get a balcony but could not for a family of 4 (either booked or not available).

Hello.. I will be on the cruise right before you on the 6th of April. Here's the deal.. The higher up you go and the further forward you go the more motion you will feel from the ship moving. Since this is your 1st cruise and you are unsure how you will be with Seasickness I WOULD MOVE CABINS IF I WERE YOU..You want to be Mid-ship and lower as that is where the LEAST motion is. Also being on Deck 10 the pool deck is right on top of you and you will most likly hear chairs scaping over your heads at 5:00am as they are setting up for the new day. I hope you have a great cruise and I will wave at you as I am leaving..;)

Thanks for the info. I will check into moving. Since we are all the way forward, I was thinking that maybe we wouldn't hear the pool chairs, etc, since they would not be "right" above us. Do they usually charge you for moving cabins? I really wanted a balcony but none available. Any other cruise tips for us newbies...? Is the motion really noticeable? :)

Thanks for the info. I will check into moving. Since we are all the way forward, I was thinking that maybe we wouldn't hear the pool chairs, etc, since they would not be "right" above us. Do they usually charge you for moving cabins? I really wanted a balcony but none available. Any other cruise tips for us newbies...? Is the motion really noticeable? :)

Hello again !!:D This is your LUCKY DAY ! I happen to be SOOOO Bored at the moment that I just looked your cruise up (The NCL website is down at the moment) so I used an internet travel agents to get my info.. Their ARE STILL GOOD BALCONY CABINS STILL OPEN AT THE MOMENT IF YOU HURRY !:eek: :D If you booked direct through NCL you can call and make the chage direct with them or if you used a Travel Agent you will have to call them and have them make the change. YOU WONT REGRET THIS MOVE BELIEVE ME ;)! The Balcony Category that you want for a first time cruiser will be Category "BC" and TWO NICE CABINS THAT COUGHT MY EYE THAT ARE STILL OPEN ARE #9042 and #9046. They are both on Deck 9 (Fjord) MIDSHIP right between two sets of elevators. NICE MIDSHIP LOCATION and this deck is sandwiched between two decks of cabins so noise will NOT be an issue.. I would work QUICK to make those changes though as those cabins will not last long especially since I put them on here for you. They also wont cost much more to up-grade from what you had. Let me know here how it goes and good luck..P.S. To answer your question : Motion of a ship effects people differently and alot depends on the Seas at the time. A Storm is always possible while at Seas so just buy $5.00 worth of Bonine pills (Wal-Mart)and take one the night before the cruise and one or two a day during your cruise and you should be fine..Good Luck on that switch.:)

OH I just thought of something :eek:??? I don't know if any of the Balcony's cabins will hold 4 people ? I know they hold three but I don't know if any hold 4..

You are awesome. I will wave at you as we pass on the dock!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll let you know how it goes.....:):):):)

OH does this Suck !! Their are ALOT of Balcony cabins left but according to NCL they all sleep only 3 people ! I know the balcony's have a single pull out sleeper sofa and the two twins that can push together. OH well :o ?? We tried.. Their website is now working and it says that they only have inside cabins and Suites left that would sleep 4 people on April 10th.. So it's a tough call. I guess I would keep what you have as at least you will have a view and some sunlight coming in and just pack Kids Bonine for them and the Adult version for you guy's and try not think to much about the motion.. Sorry I could not give better news.. I DID TRY..:o

I had a look at those deck plans.. If your in 001 or 0201 you REALLY are all the way forward ! As I said, Don't let this bother you.. If you can change it to a better location then fine, IF not, You are not going to be in that cabin except to change/Shower and sleep anyways as 149sq ft will not allow 4 people to be comfortable for long.. Enjoy your cruise and stay out by the pool deck and you will have fun !!:D

Archived