NCL - SKY - Norway Deck

kaymac22

We are cruising on the Sky April 10th for our first-ever cruise. We are a family of 4, booked in the very front of the ship (oceanview) on Deck 10 (Norway). Is this good, or bad? I read in another post that the buffet was right above us and it could be noisy. Should we try to move rooms? I tried to get a balcony but could not for a family of 4 (either booked or not available).

We are cruising on the Sky April 10th for our first-ever cruise. We are a family of 4, booked in the very front of the ship (oceanview) on Deck 10 (Norway). Is this good, or bad? I read in another post that the buffet was right above us and it could be noisy. Should we try to move rooms? I tried to get a balcony but could not for a family of 4 (either booked or not available).

Welcome to Cruising.

We will be on the Sky in June. You are correct, they do not appear to offer balcony cabins to accomodate 4 people.

We are 6 in 2 cabins, so we were able to get the balconies.

You say you are in the Forward(front) section of the ship. Looking at the deck plans, it appears you are going to be under the spa, or outrigger lounge, not the buffet.

I have heard of some people having noise issues, when under spa's on other ships. If you want to try to avoid to much noise, you can see if you can switch to an oceanview on the fjord deck. This would give you cabins above and below you. Less likely to have a problem with noise.

As long as you don't end up under the newlyweds.:eek::D

David

Archived