Why no early booking fare for Alaska 2010?

Coco421

I noticed in the 2009-2010 NCL freestyle cruising brochure EBF for Balcony for Itinerary we booked says 1399.00. We booked soon after rates came out for July 2010.

We booked BA (I know that's a pinch more then other balconies) but it's 1949.00. This doesn't seem like an early booking fare. Is there a chance the price of this will go down? I thought a perk to booking for early was getting a better price.

I just pretended to book a July cruise and then compared it with May prices. The price you'e seeing in the brochure is probably the LOWEST price available for a balcony for Alaska, and that's a May price. Does that make sense?

We booked a Pearl minisuite for May 2010 and paid a little over $1,600 pp.

I just pretended to book a July cruise and then compared it with May prices. The price you'e seeing in the brochure is probably the LOWEST price available for a balcony for Alaska, and that's a May price. Does that make sense?

We booked a Pearl minisuite for May 2010 and paid a little over $1,600 pp.

aha. that does make sense. I'm guessing june, july august are peak season for alaska so yep it does make sense. Thanks!!

July is smack dab in the middle of the peak for Alaska. Warmer weather, kids on summer vacation (so more families), and the salmon is running (so the bear-spotting potential is much higher).

Needless to say, the fares are generally quite a bit higher than in May or Sept.

Archived