Barcelona Airport - Good or Bad

Thanks for the info!

Still trying to figure out how much time we need from when the ship docks till our plane leaves to come back to NY.

Have recent cruisers been able to make flights as early as NOON on the day of debarkation?

It seems too early to me, but with only 30-45 travel time, it seems possible in a good airport...like Barcelona sounds.

:)

As long as you do not become concrete and tell which ship and which date:

you cannot check the weekday of travel, time of travel and OTHER ships in port which will influence how fast you came to the airport.

More infos for us mean more infos for you!!!

Regards,

HeinBloed

Since there are so many experienced European cruisers here on this thread...............

Delta airlines only has a 10 am flight out of Barcelona for Atlanta on a Saturday. I really have to be back to work on Monday morning so I can't stay over in Barcelona after we disembark. Do you think we could make it if we got off quickly? Sailing on RCI's Brilliance of the Seas. Would truly appreciate your opinions.

Delta airlines only has a 10 am flight out of Barcelona for Atlanta on a Saturday. I really have to be back to work on Monday morning so I can't stay over in Barcelona after we disembark.

No excuse, please... Barcelona will miss you and you will miss Barcelona.... but you will deeply regret...

Do you think we could make it if we got off quickly? Sailing on RCI's Brilliance of the Seas. Would truly appreciate your opinions.

Have you done already online check-in and entered your flight itinerary...

If yes and 10.00 am was too early... you got a warning...

We have 9.35 am flights and got the warning that we should not book flights earlier than 9.55 am departure time...

Your arrival time is at 5.00 am.

I checked all itineraries as you were not concrete enough:

Last ports before Barcelona is always an EU-Port like

Valetta on Malta

Cadiz in Spain

Naples in Italy

Palma de Majorca in Spain

or

Corfu in Greece

which means there should not be too long delay for custom's realease and immigration should be smooth.

With self-debarkation you should be latest 7.30 am at the taxi-stand in a taxi and you should be easy to catch your flight right on time as Saturday Morning at this time the whole city is sleeping.

Regards,

HeinBloed

HeinBloed, may I know when will the said new BCN terminal will open this year? Is it for Iberia airline flights only?

No idea - only written in 2009 - but as far as I read it will be a long-haul-terminal...

I saw already it looked nearly finished when I was last September in Barcelona.

Now I am again there in May.

Sorry

HeinBloed

the one thing we found was that we could not check in before 2 hours before the flight.

This is not general.

With SWISS and LUFTHANSA (SPANAIR) we just drop-off the bags in the morning, took our car - make some hours more sightseeing, before we returned our car at the airport and just walk to security as we had already our boarding passes.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Does anyone know about accessibility in the Barcelona airport? If we need to go from floor to floor, my husband would have to use an elevator. He can't use an escalator or stairs. Does anyone know what the situation is? Thanks in advance for the information!

Does anyone know about accessibility in the Barcelona airport? If we need to go from floor to floor, my husband would have to use an elevator. He can't use an escalator or stairs. Does anyone know what the situation is? Thanks in advance for the information!

A great one...

If you come with your car there are special parkings there.

There is a column with a speaker system and you just call for assistance.

If you come by taxi ask the driver to take you to the arrival area of Iberia.

There is a dedicated area for handicapped. Send the cab driver in to get assistance to your car. They came with the wheelchair and took care of everything.

We had the same problem and this was the best system with the own wheelchair desk we ever experienced at an European airport.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Thanks, it is really nce to hear from someone who has been there! We will be flying into Barcelona and either using Disney transportation or a taxi to get to our hotel. When going back, we will either take a taxi or use Disney transportation. I am asumming going back is when we would call for assistance. What about when we arrive? Is there someone around that will be able to assist us? In your experience, were the airport staff helpful? I have never been to Europe, and my husband has only been to England, so we are unsure as to what kind of assistance is available. Thank you again!

Thanks, it is really nce to hear from someone who has been there! We will be flying into Barcelona and either using Disney transportation or a taxi to get to our hotel. When going back, we will either take a taxi or use Disney transportation. I am asumming going back is when we would call for assistance. What about when we arrive? Is there someone around that will be able to assist us? In your experience, were the airport staff helpful? I have never been to Europe, and my husband has only been to England, so we are unsure as to what kind of assistance is available. Thank you again!

I think here you get all your assistance you need:

https://wwwssl.aena.es/csee/Satellite?pagename=PMR&Language=EN_GB

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived