Please help! Looking for opinions on the Golden Eagle Sailaway Trip

Ocean lover 1

We did this trip a few years ago on the Golden Eagle and it was wonderful. We took our pre-teen kids too, and there were other kids as well. There was about an hour and a half I think at the beach, with snorkeling, spa-like mud to put on, and swimming, on Tintemarre Island, I think it was called. They fed the fish during the snorkeling to attract them.

The ship was gorgeous and service was superb, with waiters with bow ties! Nice snacks and all kinds of drinks and champagne after snorkeling, too.

Only warning--if you or your kids tend to get seasick, beware. Catamaran sails can get very bouncy, as ours was. Some people got very seasick.

Have fun! We will be in St. Martin during a cruise Mar 8-15 and would do that same excursion again, but this time we want to see more of St. Martin itself.

We've done the Golden Eagle three times now, because we love it, however, we've never done the cruiser's half day sail.

We do the on-island visitor all-day sail around the island voyage, which, for cruisers, stops at Tintamarre and returns to the cruise facility.

The boat is great, the crew is great, snorkeling at Tintamarre is OK. 'Snacks and drinks' after snorkeling is VERY NICE.

The naked people there are usually because the sailboat Tiko-Tiko has sailed over on a day trip from Orient Beach.

I have pictures of the Golden Eagle and Tintamarre posted over in my PhotoBucket.

gary

Archived