Docking in Quebec City

Sparky9

The Eurodam will dock in the lower Old Town pier right on the St. Lawrence. I don't know about rental cars there but I suspect if there are not any agencies right there you could arrange for a pickup at the pier.

Considering that the area is some of the most expensive real estate in the city... car rental agencies just aren't high on the list in the area. The closest two are probably Budget (on Cote du Palais, the train/bus station, I presume) and Enterprise (at the U de Laval)

There are 2 main docking areas for cruise ships in Quebec City, Pointe-à-Carcy (where the main cruise terminal is situated) and Anse-au-foulon, which is used on the rare occasions where there are more than 3 ships in port. As QC will be a turnaround port for the Eurodam, they will dock at the main terminal at Pointe-à-Carcy (see map here: http://www.portquebec.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10&Itemid=62)

As for car rental, the closest are: Hertz and Budget on Côte du Palais (Hertz is adjacent to the Manoir Victoria hotel, Budget right in front), as well as Enterprise (at one of Laval University's downtown campuses, not the main Ste. Foy one) and National on rue Saint-Paul. All of these offices can be reaches using the free electric bus service Ecolobus, which stops right in front of the dock area.

Thanks for all the useful information regarding the docks and car rentals. I see by your location that you are the best person to answer my questions. Maybe you can also let us know what places would be worth visiting since we are planning on driving around Quebec for a couple of days. Thanks again.

So I'll chime in here also, Were you will dock is also called Section -22,

Some interesting sites if you plan on driving around a bit, depends how many days you have, But for starters Iles D'Orleans nice country driving, with old farms and homes, some excellent restaurants. Montmorency falls which is in that area also very nice stop, Maybe a trip down to the famous Old Basalique Ste Anne de Beaupre, a bit further you can take a gondolla up to the top of Mount Ste Anne, great view of the river Island and all the colors of the leaves. A small trip around Lac Beauport is also very nice, especially for fall foliage, or to catch a quick fish (Lake trout or Land Locked salmon there are outfitters there you can just spent an afternoon ) There are many Museums in Quebec city, and just driving around the old town is quiet pleasant also. If its a nice day & you are into golf the green fees around here are quite affordable compared to the norm. If you fancy a longer drive, 1 hour each way, The Charlevoix region is very nice, Old Manors, fine local cheeses, great restaurants, quite a ride however up and over a couple of mountain ranges, but the road is fine. Enjoy

Archived