Dzibilchaltun Ruins, Mexican Buffet & Horse Show

Grits53

Has anyone done this Carnival excursion? If so, can you tell me about it? Did you enjoy the ruins? Was the "horse show" entertaining? Was the food good? I have been to Uxmal and loved it. I really don't want to go to Chichen Itza due to the amount of time on a tour bus. So this would be my next choice, if I can get some good reviews about it. Thanks!

Thanks, hdawson. The search would not work for me before I made this post. I tried again, and it is working now. I did fine some good info. However, it was a couple of years old, so I hope to hear from someone who has done this recently. You are always so helpful on this board, and I thank you for your input.

While I didn't do the Ruins, Mexican Buffet and Horse show.. I did the Merdia City Tour, Mexican Buffet and Horse show and it was with the same people who do the Ruins, Mexican Buffet and Horse Show. Both tours meet for the Lunch and then the Show.

The Buffet was ok.. It wasn't bad.. but it wasn't anything I'd write home about.

To me.. the horse show was boring.. but most people seemed to enjoy it. I thought it would have more to do with the horse acts and less dancing/singing/etc.

Here's some pictures from the horse show. They did some with the horses.. then they had dancing.. then someone sang.. then only a few horses again.. more dancing and more singing..etc.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I loved the city tour.. It was full of history.Some seemed bored with that though..

Thank you, mariemorgan! Since my friend and I are both avid horsewomen, I'm not sure how much we will enjoy the horse show. But it might be interesting to see how they ride. Your pictures are very nice, and I appreciate your sharing them. :)

Archived