Chops

gdpups

I've seen lots of discussion about what's really good at Portofino, but not much about Chops. I've got Chops booked for my upcoming cruise and would love to know what people have had that they'd recommend???? What's to love and/or not love at Chops????

On our last visit to Chops we had a family of ten and everything ordered was fantastic! We loved the filet, porterhouse and lamb. The apps were great - wonderful lobster bisque, onion soup and the shrimp cocktail was large and firm. The sides were served family style since we had a large group, wonderful again!!

###

The tuna tartar appetizer and the applewood smoked salmon appetizers are both winners! I am not big on steak but did order a filet and asked for it medium well (I know, cardinal sin, but I said I wasn't big on steak). Our server said the chef would butterfly it and grill it -- absolutely delicious. I asked for two of the sauces on the side which were delicious.

Photos of Chops dinners in the link below.

We have a reservation at Chops on our upcoming cruise and I am going to try the Veal Chop.

It's all good and desserts are fabulous. :D

Kathy

I have to shed some light on this...we have had fantastic food and service in both Portifinos and Chops. On our last cruise we had reservations only

at Chops (FIRST NIGHT) and the food was fantastic. Loved it. Now, we crave the food and service and will book reservations always.... We will be cruising on the Mariner of the Seas soon and have reservations for both CHOPS and PORTIFINOS....the service and food has always exeeded our expctations. Yes you pay more...but my opinion is.. for the $50 you'll pay at Portifinos you'd pay $200 in the US. We love it. Hope this helps:D

Archived