Destiny or Inspiration???

MrsO

We live in central Fla so Tampa or Miami would be fine. It seems to be cheaper to leave from Miami on Destiny March 28th,than Inspiration,both for the same amount of time. Any clue why such a difference? I am sure this is spring break for alot of people. We will be on our honeymoon,any suggestions on what ship might be more romantic? Thanks!!;)

:eek:aghhhh!!!..lol I am going so crazy..I swear I have been trying to plan this honeymoon for ever!! I never even thought of a different ship other than Inspiration being that I am only an hour from Tampa. sooooo just about an hour my lil light bulb went off in my head,DUH there are other ports here in Florida:D. The Destiny seems like it might have less kids on it during spring break. Do you think that is why it would be a little less in price? ok now I am ALMOST 99.9% sure where I am going in a few weeks!!..lol thanks you guys are great!!

:eek: The Destiny seems like it might have less kids on it during spring break. Do you think that is why it would be a little less in price? !!

I don't think any ship is going to have less kids during spring break (well maybe an Alaskan cruise) Destiny for some reason has always had a good price, even when it was in San Juan.

The only time you will really notice there is alot of kids on board is when you are out on the Lido deck near the pool....stay clear of that mess and you will be fine.

hmmmm, well for 100.00 less per person,do you think it would be worth driving 2 more hours to go on the Destiny Vs Inspiration? We have never been on a cruise before,and would love some advice from the pros!:D

hmmmm, well for 100.00 less per person,do you think it would be worth driving 2 more hours to go on the Destiny Vs Inspiration? We have never been on a cruise before,and would love some advice from the pros!:D

although i have favorite ships, i mainly cruise for the itenerary, what ports do each ship go to.?

I think that may be a deciding factor.

oh I forgot to ask....one is going to cozumel and grand cayman. The other to Grand Cayman and Ohco rios. Which do you think is a nicer ittinerary?

Sorry, didn't see your port post.

Well great!! thats a hard decision!

I personally prefer Jamaica but being you are a first timer, you may like cozumel better.

The Destiny seems like it might have less kids on it during spring break. Do you think that is why it would be a little less in price? ok now I am ALMOST 99.9% sure where I am going in a few weeks!!..lol thanks you guys are great!!

i would think you'd be likely to see a roughly equal ratio of kids to adults on either...

one thing about destiny, a bigger ship, though is that there are more places to get away from them! (not intending to offend ANYONE)... but, seriously... adults only aft pool and hot tubs at the aft on destiny... and more places kids don't want to / have to be, while having more places for them to be and enjoy it...

personally, i see it as a situation of getting more for less... i'd prefer destiny for a number of reasons... and for less? sign me up!

your 200.00 savings could easily pay for your excursions, a lot of drinks, or a little 'romance'...

oh I forgot to ask....one is going to cozumel and grand cayman. The other to Grand Cayman and Ohco rios. Which do you think is a nicer ittinerary?

so, that means inspiration goes to cozumel and grand cayman, and destiny to ocho rios and grand cayman.

grand cayman's a nice port, and being first time cruisers, i'll also assume first time to grand cayman - i'd entirely recommend the sting ray / snorkeling tour... definitely a must-see attraction... i did this last fall with moby dick tours for 35.00pp. i'd recommend this either way.

in ocho rios, again first time attraction, hands down dunns river falls... it's a several hundred foot tall waterfall shaped like a staircase... you climb to the top of it, IN the waterfall... one of jamaica's best attractions... and it only takes an hour or so, so there's plenty of time for something else after.

i have a review and pics of these ports and destiny linked in my signature - if you're considering switching. the capers for the cruise and maps of the ports, list of shops, shore excursions are listed there... you might find that helpful.

can't comment to the inspiration, cozumel - never been there. but i'd still vote destiny... good luck! :cool:

Take the Inspiration. Ocho Rios is a downer although Dunn's Rivers Falls is beautiful. In town is horrid. The people can be very very scary....and I don't scare easy. Cozumel is a great port...one of my favorites. Beaches are beautiful and the people are great. Destiny and Inspiration except for the size difference has the same night life and clubs. Inspiration is smaller and the staff is more attentive.

If you had said you were doing the Destiny 5 night with HMC, Grand Turk and Nassau I would have said do the Destiny in that case hands down.......

ok how about alot of romance AND alot of cocktails?!!:rolleyes: I was just reading your entire post about your last cruise (ya know the one ya didnt finish)..hehe:p The pictures are amazing!!! Thank you for them. Well hopefully I can make my mind up by morning and purchase one of the cruises. Im just ready to go anywhere at this rate!!!!..lol

Take the Inspiration. Ocho Rios is a downer although Dunn's Rivers Falls is beautiful. In town is horrid. The people can be very very scary....and I don't scare easy. Cozumel is a great port...one of my favorites. Beaches are beautiful and the people are great. Destiny and Inspiration except for the size difference has the same night life and clubs. Inspiration is smaller and the staff is more attentive.

If you had said you were doing the Destiny 5 night with HMC, Grand Turk and Nassau I would have said do the Destiny in that case hands down.......

Heh. I guess I have to disagree with this one. I was in Ocho Rios about 10 years ago, and it was great. It may have changed since then. Jamaica is much *MUCH* more beautiful than Cozumel. I'm a mountains and trees kind of guy, so you may prefer Cozumel (flat, dusty :) ).

The one interesting thing about Cozumel, if you're there for long enough, is the excursion to Tulum/Xel'Ha. It's ruins od a Mayan city that was built on a cliff overlooking the ocean. You tour around a little, and then you can hike down for a swim at the beach. (There's also a relatively long bus ride to get there and back, and of course they stop for a "rest" at an out of the way tourist-trap-style shopping place) The excursion actually leaves from Playa del Carmen, so if the stop isn't listed that way, it's unlikely that tour will be available.

In Ocho Rios, we didn't book any excursions (we were on a budget). There are about 100 taxi drivers there who are quite persistent at getting your fare. We had a guy named "Herbie" (after you know what :) ) who drove us to several places over a few hours for $50. Kind of a mini tour.

If you're going to a port to drink and shop, then Cozumel is at least as good as any other. If you want to see some scenery, and maybe drink and shop too, then Jamaica wins hands down.

It's too bad you have to go to Grand Cayman on either ship. That was actually my least favorite port. (hint: don't rent the crappy old bicycles with bad brakes, especially when it's 150 degrees out)

Just my opinion :)

- Steve

Heh. I guess I have to disagree with this one. I was in Ocho Rios about 10 years ago, and it was great. It may have changed since then. Jamaica is much *MUCH* more beautiful than Cozumel. I'm a mountains and trees kind of guy, so you may prefer Cozumel (flat, dusty :) ).

The one interesting thing about Cozumel, if you're there for long enough, is the excursion to Tulum/Xel'Ha. It's ruins od a Mayan city that was built on a cliff overlooking the ocean. You tour around a little, and then you can hike down for a swim at the beach. (There's also a relatively long bus ride to get there and back, and of course they stop for a "rest" at an out of the way tourist-trap-style shopping place) The excursion actually leaves from Playa del Carmen, so if the stop isn't listed that way, it's unlikely that tour will be available.

In Ocho Rios, we didn't book any excursions (we were on a budget). There are about 100 taxi drivers there who are quite persistent at getting your fare. We had a guy named "Herbie" (after you know what :) ) who drove us to several places over a few hours for $50. Kind of a mini tour.

If you're going to a port to drink and shop, then Cozumel is at least as good as any other. If you want to see some scenery, and maybe drink and shop too, then Jamaica wins hands down.

It's too bad you have to go to Grand Cayman on either ship. That was actually my least favorite port. (hint: don't rent the crappy old bicycles with bad brakes, especially when it's 150 degrees out)

Just my opinion :)

- Steve

It's changed.....Have done most ruins including Tulum. It was great. I think Jamaica is one of the most beutiful places I have seen but.....The people suck....

The Destiny has one thing the Inspiration that is with in your budget.... BALCONIES..... Bunches of BALCONIES..... BALCONIES without having to have a suite..... Nothing like siting on your balcony at night with the sea passing you by..... B-A-L-C-O-N-Y on your honeymoon..... Woo Hoo

:D:D:D

The Destiny has one thing the Inspiration has but it is with in your budget.... BALCONIES..... Bunches of BALCONIES..... BALCONIES without having to have a suite..... Nothing like siting on your balcony at night with the sea passing you by..... B-A-L-C-O-N-Y on your honeymoon..... Woo Hoo

Trust me when i say you should book the Inspiration. The ship is Carnival's baby i think. She just had the "Evolutions of Fun" refit which added the waterslides for kids, mini golf course and refitted cabins. She is beautiful!! Im not sure what it is but the colors that were chosen when she was built really fit in with modern colors of today and she doesnt show her age at all. I love the ship and have sailed on her twice in two years.

Archived