Celebrity Millennium Family Veranda Cabin

77skidoo

There is a way to get one for only 2 people as we did it on the Millennium earlier this year. Keep looking at availability as the final payment date approaches. If the cabins haven't been booked they release them for anyone to book - i.e. for 2 people. We had originally booked a C1 aft but we pounced on the corner FV when it became available. It was such a fantastic cabin with a separate seating area, loads of storage space and an unbelievably big balcony - perfect for sailing through the Panama Canal. (Picture attached), We're sailing on the Millie again next year and will be keeping an eagle eye open at final payment date as we'd choose the corner FV again any time, though not the inner FV. It's the huge balcony and views over the aft and up the side of the ship which made it such a great cabin.

We had no problem with noise from the next door cabin - the only problem I found with snoring was my husband next to me ;) :D

First - i know this thread is 2 years old.... Second it appears Bobal is an active CC participant....so I am looking for his (and others) advise.

Here is my 'dilemma'...

We are on the Connie next June and had 8185 booked. It is a C1 Aft. We were happy with this room and the CC 'amenities'. We just got an 'upgrade' to 7204. This is a FV Aft, but not the corner. I've underlined and bolded my concern above in your original post. So, what is the issue with the inner FV?

and by all accounts 7204 is a downgrade from 8185, so can they now 'upgrade' us to a C1 that is not aft? or even a C2 or C3?

• 1 month later...
First - i know this thread is 2 years old.... Second it appears Bobal is an active CC participant....so I am looking for his (and others) advise.

Here is my 'dilemma'...

We are on the Connie next June and had 8185 booked. It is a C1 Aft. We were happy with this room and the CC 'amenities'. We just got an 'upgrade' to 7204. This is a FV Aft, but not the corner. I've underlined and bolded my concern above in your original post. So, what is the issue with the inner FV?

and by all accounts 7204 is a downgrade from 8185, so can they now 'upgrade' us to a C1 that is not aft? or even a C2 or C3?

The Inner FV is still a great cabin but the balcony is not as large as the corner FV and it does not have a side view of the ocean. It does, however, have two rooms and a very pleasant outlook aft. Hope this helps.

Hi HASENTREELAKE,

We were in 7206 (C1 Concierge Sunset Aft with Oversized Balcony) on The Summit last year and we LOVED IT.

The Sunset Aft Cabins (all categories) on the M-Class ships are truly fabulous. Now our Favourite spot to book.

As for C1s, all but 4 of the C1s on the M-Class Ships are oversized Sunset Balconies ... Those 4 are on Deck 6 squeezed in between the many Suites. Being in "Suitesville" has its positives, but the balconies or side aft locations are not much to write home about (and 2 of the cabins are adjoining with an inside door, so they can be noisy and not very private either)

7204 was next door to us on The Summit, and 7202 next door to it, were equally wonderful... Although I do think that 7202 with the oversized wrap around balcony would indeed be the better of the two.

That said... Gosh, I'd have no complaints if Celebrity's wonderful nearly invisible Upgrade Fairy Godmother paid me a vist and gave me one of the Aft Sunset FVs.

As TIGER THE TEACHER said, they are HUGE inside vs a regular cabin... Next best thing to a Suite without the charge. And of course they have the awesome balcony... Oversized (our C1 had 2 Loungers, Footstools, a Coffee Tabe... Plus a Dining Table and more chairs... Which I believe the FV next door had as well)

The amenities, I think I would miss the most from Concierge would be the Welcome / Bon Voyage Pkg (Sparkling Wine & Fruit), and heck you can buy that if you really want it from Celebrity Gifts Onboard. Everything else can be negotiated / found if not in your FV already (ie Plush Robes, Binoculars, Umbrellas, Pillow Menu, Expanded Breakfast Menu etc).

Ya your Upgrade is worth a lot more than say the $ 100 or so you would have to dish out to get back what you lost (lol, that is if you lose em at all)

I know Pax who are going to be so jealous you got one of these prime cabins... Many try to book them... Few succeed.

Hope this helps... And do enjoy.

Cheers!

Ps... Want more info ? Check the M-Class Cabin Spreadsheet STICKY at the top of this Forum. As well there are most definitely pics you can find here on CC via a CC Search... Or on Google.

Honestly you have lucked out.

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Honestly you have lucked out.

Thank you both TTT and S-JB for the response....

We have since managed to secure the AFT Corner FV 7202 for this cruise.

Can't wait :)

We're always on the aft so have seen those corners afts many times, and I just can't understand, when you are lying in a lounge chair, how can you see anything except the white "bathtub" walls around you?

I see what you mean about the solid walls... I'm not much for laying around anyway, so will likely be standing (with a drink).

But - it is something that nobody else has pointed out , and I've read quite a bit about these Aft corner FV cabins.

Edited by hasentreelake

We have had the corner FOV several times on M class. While sunbathing, you can have the side view. To sit out at the end of the balcony, I would drag the table and chairs over and take a couple of cushions out to prop myself up to see over the wall to get the wake view and enjoy breakfast, sushi, wine and or dinner out there. On decks 8 and 7 there is a small glass panel towards the aft, but not on 9. Truly wonderful balconies! The best except for PH suite.

Edited by Chooz2Cruz

Thank you both TTT and S-JB for the response....

We have since managed to secure the AFT Corner FV 7202 for this cruise.

Can't wait :)

I see what you mean about the solid walls... I'm not much for laying around anyway, so will likely be standing (with a drink).

But - it is something that nobody else has pointed out , and I've read quite a bit about these Aft corner FV cabins.

Glad to help.

Congratulations on your Upgrade to FV ... And more so in being able to do a one-for-one swap for 7202

Ya there is that "bath tub look" to others, but I don't think it is an issue for those actually in the cabin, cause the balcony is so huge and unusual shape (wraps around) giving great views out, uo, down, aft, side of the ship etc

We talked to all our neighbours (lol Aft-ers are very friendly folks)... And the folks in both 7202 & 7204 loved their cabins & balconies... And like us could be found out there every morning early with coffee in hand for sail in, and with libation in hand for Sailaway / sunset

As for your fears of getting moved / upgraded again...

Doesn't normally happen... But it could I suppose (lol, does lightning strike twice ? )

Here is what we do when we get ourselves a cabin we truly want... We call up Celebrity and ask them to put a PLEASE NO FURTHER UPGRADE note on our file

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB