Luggage Storage at Faa'a Airport

czarinahil

Has anyone used the luggage storage at the airport? I thought maybe this would be a good idea for us. We arrive at 6 am and I thought we could store our luggage, go get some breakfast, then head over to the Marche in Papeete before retreiving our luggage and taking the ferry over to Moorea for our one night stay there.

I just wanted to know if I could trust the luggage storage there or not?

Thanks,

Hilary

Yes, I know I've read in a review that another cruiser did use the storage there. Not me personally, sorry, but I wanted to just drop you a thought here. (Might want to post this thread on the Princess board as that is where I read the review.) I'm not sure if you realized the ferry pier and the airport are about a 15 min. cab ride in each direction. You'd be spending a lot of time shuttling back and forth. Just an F.Y.I. Maybe if you take the Princess transfer they will take your luggage for you directly to Moorea and you won't have to worry about it. Something to discuss with Princess on how that would work. Again, just my thoughts/suggestion. :D

Have a great cruise! You're gonna love it!!

R.

- a past TP cruiser.

• 5 weeks later...

We used the baggage storage at Faa'a airport during our November trip. We had scheduled two nights at the IC Beachcomber on arrival in PPT, then two nights at Taha'a before our Windstar cruise.

We packed our cruise-only clothes in one suitcase which we stored in the baggage drop, so that we only had to take small rollaboard bags on the Air Tahiti flight to Raiatea and Taha'a. (Didn't need much more than swimwear and pareos and shorts for Taha'a, and AT has weight limits, too.)

The baggage storage is in a separate building, across the bus and taxi lanes in front of the airport. It's well signed, easy to find. There's a little checkin office where Madame (who doesn't speak much English) takes the information and gives you a receipt, then you take the bag(s) to be stored into the storage room and that's that. Pickup reverses the process. I forget how much it cost --but to us, it was worth it. One less bag to wrestle with! It's not highly secure storage like you would find in a European airport, for example, but crime does not seem much of an issue in FP. I wouldn't leave valuables or electronics, but clothes should be fine. No problem with our stuff.

But I think rberne has a point about the cost of to-and-fro taxis. Might make the cost too much. I think there may be a place to store bags on the ferry pier also, which might make more sense for your plan to get breakfast and visit the Marche (a very photogenic place!)

My 2 cents... :)

Archived