? re: how to keep connecting doors open...

MamaParrotHead

My family of four has two connection rooms booked. We've had the same configuration with friends on our last cruise, but seem to remember the stewards always closing them while we were out and I also seem to remember they don't STAY open easily on their own. Is it against a fire code or something to have them open? Can I request that the steward KEEP them open? Is there anything I can bring to secure them a little more sturdily?

Thanks.

My family had connecting cabins on RC this past summer. We kept the doors open all the time. I think they just opened the door as far as it would go. We didn't have a problem.

We are going on the Pride in July and couldn't get connecting without getting a balcony. We have a son with autism so didn't want that. We had to get 2 adjacent cabins but not connecting.

We always get connecting and when they clean our room they always close the door. I just keep the doors open

with a shoe. Lord knows I bring enough.:D

Excellent a new excuse to give DH when he says "Why all the shoes?" "Why to keep the connecting doors open with, silly."

Yep I'll be using that one in Oct.:D

We always get connecting and when they clean our room they always close the door. I just keep the doors open with a shoe. Lord knows I bring enough.:D

We just told our stateroom attendant to keep them open and evertime we went back to the stateroom, it was open... he used a door wedge and just left it in our stateroom the entire cruise.

On the Inspiration in December, our room steward didn't have a door wedge. We used the room "info" book...the little three ring book that has all the info in it ( phone instructions, room service menu, etc). It fits right up under the door and works like a wide door wedge. After a day or so of us propping the open, our room steward realized we wanted the doors open, so he the left them alone.

My family of four has two connection rooms booked. We've had the same configuration with friends on our last cruise, but seem to remember the stewards always closing them while we were out and I also seem to remember they don't STAY open easily on their own. Is it against a fire code or something to have them open? Can I request that the steward KEEP them open? Is there anything I can bring to secure them a little more sturdily?

Thanks.

Duct tape comes to mind......

Our steward closed them once and never again after that. We never asked him not to either....odd, but convenient. We liked ours left open as well. They stayed open on their own as well. If all else fails and yours shouldn't, take a shoelace and tie the door handles together. Thread it through the crack by the hinges.

Archived