Elation dining?

mapman_2004

What are the options for eating for breakfast and lunch? Do we have to do the buffet? Is the main dining rooms open with open seating? What type of food is served if they are? I have cruised before on Celebrity, and found the buffet to be over-crowded and with not the greatest food.

Thanks for your replies!

You can eat breakfast in the Dining Room every morning. It is open seating. The times vary based on port and sea days. You can check your Capers for the times.

Lunch is served in the Dining Room only on sea days. It is also open seating.

We ate most of our meals in the dining room on our recent Elation trip. Breakfast and lunch were open seating and we meet some really fun people during those meals.

I thought that breakfast was just okay. I wasn't all that impressed. Tip- if you order the Eggs Benedict, get an extra side of sauce (it was pretty dry). Everyone we ate with thought the bacon was nasty. It was almost translucent. The sausage was very good, a much better choice. I was just as happy with the breakfast buffet items, but our friend likes to be waited on so we went to the dining room.

I thought lunch in the dining room was very good and a nice break from the noise of the buffet and Lido grill. I thought the Asian beef was really good. My husband had some sort of seafood sampler that he really liked. I took a pic of it to gross out our kids (the pic is below). I can never remember exactly what he ate, but it was good.

Regarding the buffet... the only time when I had to wait for a long time was on embarkation because it was the only thing open and we were all boarding at the same time. The buffet food was good, lots of options. I think everyone should be able to find something they like there. It wasn't wow, but it was good. The Lido grill was good too. I really like the hamburgers. The nachos were nasty. They were a thick, pita type chip with a really bland liquid cheese topping. My husband liked the hot dogs and desserts too. He would snag one or the other as we passed by, for a quick snack.

The free sushi, available in the evenings, was also very good. I should have had more of it.

P1020272.jpg.686bb63f770fa2ea50caf1231ad6a1a6.jpg

They might at dinner, but not at breakfast ;). Seriously though, the breakfast waiters seemed to be M.I.A. They would come to take the order then disappear. Refills were hard to get. Then deliver the food and were not seen again. They weren't bad, but they weren't attentive. After one waiter never came back after dropping off our breakfast (couldn't flag another one down either), my husband went and borrowed ketchup from another table. Again, not a biggie, but proof that they won't feed ya. ;);)

The dining room was open daily for breakfast. It was over all pretty good. I agree with another poster that the eggs benedict were a bit dry but the hash was good. They had the typical breakfast items, eggs, meats, pancakes, waffles, fruit, juice, etc. Hours varied for breakfast and it was open seating. There was buffet style available at Tiffany's and the Lido. All the breakfast options were good and not overly crowded. The longest lines were for the omelet station at Tiffany's. The Lido also had what I would call European style breakfast items like cold meats and cheeses.

For lunch the dining room was open on sea days. I did not eat there but the rest of my group did and said the food was excellent. Upscale lunch food. The menu looked really good. At Tiffany's the lines move quickly. It is spread out pretty well. Note that the two buffet lines have different food (I did not realize this for a couple of days and missed out on some good food). There is a sandwich/panini station that was really good plus the 2 salad bars and pizza area. The Lido had very good burgers and a few items that are being served at Tiffany's. Again, the food varied a bit in each line. I think there are enough options that the lines move pretty well.

The daily menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner are posted outside the dining room.

Jen in SoCal

What are the options for eating for breakfast and lunch? Do we have to do the buffet? Is the main dining rooms open with open seating? What type of food is served if they are? I have cruised before on Celebrity, and found the buffet to be over-crowded and with not the greatest food.

Thanks for your replies!

Archived