ocean motion!!!

faith1

Gee thanks so much for your insightful input:cool: Not really what I was asking. I was wondering, as someone who has not sailed this time of year, if it tends to be calm, or is it still pretty choppy. I have a daughter that I am worried about, she has never cruised!!

We were on the Dawn in Jan ,10th Seas were Pretty calm till the next to last day even then not much movement we were on deck 10 in the aft bal. looking out the back of the ship winds were gale force last day Best bet are rooms in center of ship [[mid ship] stay away from the front

Seems smooth to me. Sure, every once in a while you realize you are on a ship. I had sea legs for at least a week afterward.

Do you get car sick? If not, hopefully you will not get seasick, either. Your body sort of automatically adjusts to be upright (exercising when you don't realize it).

Seems smooth to me. Sure, every once in a while you realize you are on a ship. I had sea legs for at least a week afterward.

Do you get car sick? If not, hopefully you will not get seasick, either. Your body sort of automatically adjusts to be upright (exercising when you don't realize it).

Was on the same cruise as Flash and would also consider our cruise smooth and calm. I actually have something to compare it to since we were rockin an rollin, coming back from Puerto Vallarta. The bow was actually slamming into the ocean. My partner was quite sick. She wasn't wearing a patch -- her first cruise, her last time to cruise without a patch. :)

Even on calm seas I can feel the ship moving. I guess I'm just extra sensitive.

Some people are. On our Sky cruise in January, it was absolutely the smoothest sailing I've ever been on. Not one ripple or sway the entire 3 days. Even my mother in law who was petrified of getting sick, said she didn't even know we were moving.

One night, we got on the elevator to see a young girl about 18 or so and she was almost green. She asked us if we knew what floor the medical center was on. We told her and I asked her if she was okay to get there on her own as she didn't look steady on her feet. She said she was okay but had to try some other type of medication because the one she was using wasn't working and she had been seasick since we left Miami.

I felt so bad for that poor girl and I wanted to say "honey, if you are sick on this trip you'd best not go on any more cruises" but I didn't of course. It just affects people very differently.

CG

Archived