Attn: San Diego Cruisers - November 7th 5 night Mexico

SDGuy

Hi Everyone!

I just found incredible pricing with our online cruise agency for a 5 night (Saturday - Wednesday) Mexico cruise on RCI's Radiance of the Seas out of San Diego on November 7th, 2009.

My partner and I just booked an aft balcony stateroom for six hundred dollars each. This was just too good of a deal to pass up.

If you've not sailed on the Radiance class ships, they very attractive, mid-sized ships, very light and bright/open and airy.

CHECK IT OUT!!!

The price does sound good.

Can you give a breakdown of your costs? With all taxes, fees, etc. I am noticing that some lines offer really cheap basic costs, and then the extras add another $30-$40 per day. (Some of that depends on how many ports you visit; port fees, etc.)

But I am now adding everything up and getting a per day cost to make all my comparisons.

Sounds like you got an excellent fare! Where is the Bon Voyage party? :p

Hi Kenito, if you want to email me at jmhinsd@hotmail.com i would be happy to send y6ou the name of the online website where we found this deal. we have used this agency for years and they have been wonderful.

the price of $620 included ALL taxes and port fees and they don't tag on any kind of extra daily costs. it truly is a great price.

and we'll be having the bon voyage party at our place in san diego the evening before if others join us :)

cheers!

john

Thanks, I will send you an email.

Since Carnival requires the $10 per day in tips, I have started including that too to get my per day cost.

We got our 8 day cruise on Carnival Spirit for $699 pp including the tips, but that is not a balcony like you. Also received a two category upgrade to interior Main or Upper decks and a $50 on board credit... but I am jealous of that balcony!

It seems to me that there are some great deals, and the secret will be if we can figure out WHY they are making certain deals, more than just the general 'economy' issue.

Isn't sailing out of San Diego great? I love using the trolley... the station is only a block away and we avoid parking fees; it is so easy for us coming in from Baja.

Hey John (SDGuy) thanks for the tip, my partner and I were wondering what to do this year. We did the last two years with Atlantis Events which were very nice and the first year was even on the Radiance, however the economy being what it is we couldn't justify another year and we never really did all the special parties anyway to justify the expense. This cruise is the ticket! A couple of days less but two thirds of the costs...We booked and also have an aft D1 cabin, we love watching the wake which you might understand for two guys coming out of the desert! We hope to meet you guys onboard, we have to drive a bit but certainly not the day before - and just when I was getting my bearings on San Pedro!

Bill

Hey Bill, YAYE! I'm so glad you guys are booked.

Where are you guys driving over from? Are you familiar with San Diego?

I've only lived here about 6 months but am learning my way around and would be happy to provide any suggestions/tips for you.

I know what you mean about cutting back on vacation expenses. This is the first year in about 10 years that we aren't doing a cruise that involves flying overseas so, yes indeed, cruises like this one fit the bill (and the budget)

We also love watching the wake so I was very excited when I saw the aft cabins for such a bargain.

Let's hope that the word gets out and others join us. Look forward to keeping in touch with you and meeting you on board.

Cheers!

John

We're driving from Palm Springs, a big two hours but the freeways to SD are much easier to navigate than the ones to San Pedro. My only real concern about this cruise is the one formal night, does any guy really wear a suit or worse a tux on a 5 day cruise to Baja? I'll bring slacks and a silk hawaiian style shirt and that's it, packing otherwise should be a breeze, no door decorations, no costumes, no leather. Just us and the ocean. LOL.

• 4 months later...

Hello guys,

My Husband and I were legally married the day before Proposition 8 was passed. We didn't have time to have a large wedding so we just booked the November 7th sailing of Radiance for all our friends and family. They have 7 Balcony cabins and we have a Grand Suite. We plan to have a ceremony/celebration while on board. You are both welcome to join us. We will be in cabin # 1600 on the 10th deck and the other 17 family and friends will all be together in 7 cabins on the 8th deck, midship. Come join in our celebration...

David and Tommy

On a 5 day Carnival cruise you will see only a few tuxedos, more suits and blazers, but plenty will still be casual.

I packed a Blazer, dress shirt and tie, because my travel partner likes the formal night experience, but if you both are decked out in Hawaiian shirts and slacks, I am sure you will be very comfortable and elegantly attired! :D

We are up to over 30 guys and counting on our October cruise and everyone is really getting excited!

Reviewing previous posts, I thought I'd do a follow up on costs.

Carnival has extended two price discounts since we last discussed pricing. We are now down to $622 per person for an 8 day Mexican Riviera Cruise. That's like $77 per day including the $10 per day for tips.

Our group is up to about 30 guys... closer to 40 counting others who booked the same cruise independently. Our group still gets a $50 on-board credit, and some other goodies. We also are going to put together a "Gay Acapulco" shore excursion. Could be fun... ;)

All are welcome... just write me. and no I am not an agent! I get the impression that Carnival is still hustling to fill cabins for cruises, so this is all good news for us! :)

Archived