Rhino Rider and back problems

It's a TON of FUN

BUT -

I really would caution someone with back issues from going on it. I'm an otherwise healthy 25 year old, and I bruised my knees on the Rhino riders (inner knees smacking against the inner sides of the seat) pretty badly. Not to sound like a whiner, but I'm going to a physio on Tuesday because it still hurts when I run, and it didn't before.

I believe I aggrivated the knee bruise because I didn't realize I was hurt, and ran several miles on the knees before I realized i was hurt - so your mileage may vary.

Although it was a lot of fun, I wouldn't have done it, if I could have had a a second choice, knowing that I would hurt my knees.

One of the other people on the excursion with us described himself as 'not having a bad back, but it's not great' - and he said he found it a little rough too.

rhinorider.jpg.0be9e0c15660ab22f22ba7bfc62acd4d.jpg

I have to say this was the best excusrsion we have done yet!! So much fun.

KW-Have our pic right in the livingroom!

That being said:

Rhino riders are a bit lighter then a wave runner so you bounce around a bit more. They do move pretty fast and if you get caught in a wake-or try to as my teens did-you can get fairly airborne!!

Depending on how bad your back is-it may aggrevate it a bit.

My husband, daughter and I are thinking of doing the rhino rider tour through RCI. My husband and I have had some back problems in the past. Has anyone done this tour and can tell me how it was and if it was rough? Was it fun and worth the money? Thanks!

We own personal watercraft and ride on them all of the time. We tried the Rhino Rider and found it extremely rough. We did not enjoy it at all. We would not do it again. Part of the problem is that you go with several others on other watercraft and are led by a leader. You have to keep up with them even if they go faster than you want to go. I would think that it would not be good for someone with back problems.

I've done wave runners and the Rhino Rider. It depends on where you're going and how fast you go. Mostly, can you sit on a chair with your feet forward and lean towards your knees for a duration of time? You most likely will be running up and over some waves which will be jarring, as well as the constant chop of the water.

I would probably say no, but it depends on what your back problems are.

My husband, daughter and I are thinking of doing the rhino rider tour through RCI. My husband and I have had some back problems in the past. Has anyone done this tour and can tell me how it was and if it was rough? Was it fun and worth the money? Thanks!

I have done this with my husband and 4 teens ( 3girls & 1 guy). We met a friend of my daughters and his mom, who joined our excusrsion and who happened to be vacationing in st maarten when we docked..he is a daredevil. The waverunner portion of the rhino is an inflatable boat so personally i think there is more give or cushion than a solid waverunner.

You can go as slow or fast/daredevily as you like, hitting wake and waves and bouncing or just moving along the waves with a random toss here and there. If you are not going wicked fast, you won't fly in the air and drop so as to aggrevate your back.

Yes you are on a guided "line" tour..as you are with many waverunner ship excursions. I personally thought it was alot of fun as did all in our party including the other teen guy who wasn;t as "reckless" as my daughters friend. HE thought it was fabulous! I am personally glad i was the mom riding with him!

Archived